SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Does anyone know the recommended Tire rotation schedule for the Michelin Pilot Super Sports?

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  m8o 
#1 · (Edited)
5,000 miles was the Rule of thumb on my last pair of Michelin PSS's on my Subaru but I don't know if these have a different rubber compound. I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Update: So far only info I've got from Volvo is their generic "10,000 mile rotation on all cars" and "rotation as needed". Trying to get an answer specific to these tires still.

#3 ·
"rotation as needed" - after I track my Polestar a few times later this year I'm sure that will be needed along with a brake fluid change. Heh, my front PSS's are already getting a fair amount of wear with spirited driving. :)

#6 ·
You should rotate them when the wear becomes significantly different from front to back. Mileage is a waste of time as a figure. I did a little spirited driving and these tires wear quickly. Any difference of about 3/10 from front to back should be rotated. I did that at 4,000 miles.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks. I just checked and I am definitely due for a rotation. My fronts are wearing much quicker than the rears. I'm at 5,500 miles and lucky that most of them are "joy rides" so spirited driving is the norm.

These tires are a soft compound, so with great grip comes increased wear. They do come with a 30,000 mile tread wear warranty. My Michelin PSS on my Subaru had 20,000 miles on them when I turned the car in and still had over 7/32 left.

#12 ·
Ha. My summer tires will most likely not even be 'broken in' before I hit Lime Rock. I still didn't go back to the house where they are stored and swap out the winter set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.