SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Sightings Thread

82K views 358 replies 119 participants last post by  lawdogg 
#1 ·
I don't expect this to be a very active thread, but others have asked for it and I just had my first encounter with another P* in the wild (not at a Cars and Coffee) so I thought I would make the thread. It's a place for people to post pictures or just stories of encounters with P*'s in the "wild".

I just saw a RB V60 P* turning onto Marsh Rd in Redwood City/Menlo Park about to get onto 101. I was stopped at the light one car deep. It looked like he got in the right lane so I was hoping that he was getting on 101 South. I got caught at another Red light and then got on the highway like a bat out of hell hoping to get some glimpse of Blue in the distance but saw nothing. As I made my way through traffic I finally saw some Blue. It was then on and #50 kicked into high gear. I caught up to the other P* but just as he was exiting onto highway 85. I caught his attention and we waved. License plate was an older CA plate and some variation of Speed Wagon. I have a feeling it was the car I took a picture of with the Boxster back in Dec. and they are not on this forum, but I could be wrong.

#2 ·
Heh, that was me. I was driving spiritedly down 101 to Cupertino and as I was taking the car pool lane to 85 I saw in my rear mirror a black car with a polestar logo. At first I thought it was an S60P but as it passed me we waved and saw it was a V60P. I wondered while on 85 who could have that been? P50GT was the first SwedeSpeed member to pop into my mind. Good guess! Hah, you rolled down your window and were waving like a mad man at me. I couldn't miss that and it made my day. :)

I'm not the RB V60P with the Boxster or in Los Altos. I purchased mine from San Jose AutoNation and I'm located in the South Bay. I'm sure we will meet in some upcoming event.

#3 · (Edited)
That's awesome. I definitely had to move to catch up to you because you were probably two exits ahead before I got on the highway. That missile coming up behind you was me. I was tempted to head onto 85 to drive with you for a bit but I needed to get down to SJ. Because the highway was blocking my car, I couldn't tell if you had any idea what I was actually in. I was pretty excited that I saw another P* and that I was actually able to catch up to you.

#4 ·
I'll just leave this here. With Opus07 (RB) and P50GT (B).

There's more footage of P50GT and I bombing through the curves, but I don't want to flood the thread. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
There's more footage of P50GT and I bombing through the curves, but I don't want to flood the thread. :)
Post it, that's the video I wanted to see or just send it to me!

#6 · (Edited)
#15 and #50 finally met today. These pictures do not do #15 justice. The car is stunning in person. Any doubts I had about going with a satin finish are now gone.

#8 ·
#15 and #50 finally met today. These pictures do not do #15 justice. The car is stunning in person. Any doubts I had about going with a satin finish are now gone.

Who's amazing VR is that?? ;)

#7 · (Edited)
Well alright then :D
(Excuse the fam in the car :p)

I can send you the HD version...PM me with email.

#13 ·
Nice work!

Sent using morse code from my iPad

#15 ·
#50 and #15. Good times this AM!

#17 ·
It's a clear matte so that the RB color comes through. Opus007 and P50GT have better pictures on here as well.

#20 ·
National Unicorn Day

#22 ·
This is what it's like trying to follow Polestar's. Got some more clips as well. Wish I could upload in HD.