SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

looking to buy 2015 v60 R used - opinions?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Phobic 
#1 ·
so I'm looking at picking this v60 up:

http://www.loveringnashua.com/used/Volvo/2015-Volvo-V60-cbe8e19b0a0a006478d5898529c2ad64.htm

It looks to be a Polstar, which is why I'm posting here, however I'm unsure how to tell if it's one of the 80 that seem to be special? I don't really see anything explaining that, apologies if I missed it.

Now the thing is I test drove it today and there is a bit of a tick in the engine that I noticed when I stopped and popped the hood. Is this normal?

I can't seem to find any videos of a v60 t6 just running to confirm.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#2 ·
I've had my new v60 for all of a day, so I can't speak to the tick in the engine.

I can however state that this is not the polestar edition, but rather the v60 r-design which comes standard with the polestar tuning software boosting the output from 300 to 325 horsepower.

Not exactly common, but far less rare than the 80 polestars.

#4 ·
but the forum doesn't seem to have a section for non-polstar edition R models so was a bit confused.
The forum for all non-Polestar models is S60, S60CC, V60, V60CC (2011+). That include any with Polestar optimization, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.