SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Toronto area Polestar meeting

5K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  mikey32235 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just checking if there is anyone in the Toronto area (I am actually up in Collingwood) who wanted to get together with our Polestars (I have a V60 Polestar with around 1500 kms) I realize everyone is busy but thought it might be nice once or twice a year to meet and brainstorm over different issues, ideas or suggestions and see what others have done to their cars.

I have gone to Mosport on occasion with Engineered Automotive for one of their track days in the past with my previous car and it might be fun if a few of us get out there for a morning as well.

thx
amar

#7 ·
I am down in the Toronto area on the weekend of June 19th...How about sometime in the afternoon on Sunday June 21st...not sure about a place. If it works for you guys my family lives in a cul de sac called Pitkin Court near Keele and Lawrence...lots of room there to put the cars in the middle and walk around.

Also on June 8th ie next Monday night, a friend and I are hosting a "car show" up here in Collingwood for some local car guys/girls...will be muscle cars including a beautiful Super B and 68 Camaro, 2 Vipers, 2015 Corvette z06, some old Bronco's, a bunch of Audi's, a BMW i8, one v60 Polestar and some others...you are welcome to drive up and attend...about 1hr 30 min from 401 and 400.

talk soon
amar

#8 ·
Hello I'm in Port Perry not far from Mosport...rebel blue S60 and only one in town..imagine that. I often go to Mosport but never run on track before with anything but would like to try my Polestar or my S60R 2004 with lots of mods. I may drive the polestar over to June 19th. weekend coming up

#9 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me an accurate (or even rough) idea of what the on road, drive off the lot cost is for a P* V60 on the road? Buddy of mine just told me about this car and it pretty much is the perfect car for me. I'm in the GTA region as well and I'm not even sure if it's even available.

Thanks in advance.

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Thanks for the info... I'll take a look.

But I figure someone here might give me a ball park figure that's close to reality... with the way the fees and taxes are tagged on it's like a math maze. I really want to get one esp with the limited availability, but I just picked up a Mazdaspeed 6 around 18 mths ago... I'm still pretty damn attached to it.

It's too bad I didn't find out about this earlier... I could use some extra trunk space (cold water scuba diver = crap ton of gear/tanks).

I'd like to get as much info as possible on it before I walk into a dealership and ask about it. Gotta figure out if I can afford it outright or have to finance, etc.

Thanks all.

#12 ·
Thanks for the info... I'll take a look.

But I figure someone here might give me a ball park figure that's close to reality... with the way the fees and taxes are tagged on it's like a math maze. I really want to get one esp with the limited availability, but I just picked up a Mazdaspeed 6 around 18 mths ago... I'm still pretty damn attached to it.

It's too bad I didn't find out about this earlier... I could use some extra trunk space (cold water scuba diver = crap ton of gear/tanks).

I'd like to get as much info as possible on it before I walk into a dealership and ask about it. Gotta figure out if I can afford it outright or have to finance, etc.

Thanks all.
One of the guys in Canada can give you a better figure but I remember one of them saying they spent close to $80k when all was said and done. That seems on the high side as the car is $68k including destination there.

#15 ·
Stumbled upon this thread randomly. We're having the End of Summer meet on the 27th from 10-2 at the Krispy Kreme in Heartland!

Last year, Strah surprised everyone with his P* that he picked up the morning of the event! This year it'd be fun to have even more P*'s join in! There will be no shortage of P2 R's and other Volvos :)

#20 ·
Hey Toronto Polestar owners, other than tires23, and the dealer, do you know of any tire/rim shops that can actually get a winter tire pack for us? I was thinking if there are some of you out there without snows already we could maybe do a small group buy if we all commit to the same shop. thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.