SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

"chime" audible alert sound trying to tell me something?

24K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DrVolkl 
#1 ·
On two separate occasions, while driving along in city traffic in my new V60 P*, I've heard what sounds like a bell or "chime" going off inside my car. I've been scouring my owner's manual to try and find out what this alert or signal is all about as I can't see anything on the instrument panel by way of a visual warning that appears at the same time.

Sounds kind of like a sound a computer notification sound. Is it something to do with trying connect with the internet? Something to do with the City Safety System? Distance rom the car in front measuring system? Speed limit sign detector?

Appreciate any ideas or tips....

#2 · (Edited)
On two separate occasions, while driving along in city traffic in my new V60 P*, I've heard what sounds like a bell or "chime" going off inside my car. I've been scouring my owner's manual to try and find out what this alert or signal is all about as I can't see anything on the instrument panel by way of a visual warning that appears at the same time.

Sounds kind of like a sound a computer notification sound. Is it something to do with trying connect with the internet? Something to do with the City Safety System? Distance rom the car in front measuring system? Speed limit sign detector?

Appreciate any ideas or tips....
Did you have lights come up in front of you on the windshield (Bar of Red or Yellow)? If so, that is just the collision prevention warnings, but I'm guessing you are familiar with that. If the City Braking Safety system engaged, it would leave a message on the dash until you turn the car off. Speed Limit detection just displays it on the speedometer and looks like a Speed limit sign. Do you have the all of the safety stuff on?

#3 · (Edited)
Could also be the auto lane changing warning.

LKA - Lane Keeping Aid
p.225-226 in owner's manual

#4 ·
I have another possibility as it just happened to me and also happened the other day in traffic. My front parking sensor went off. Just one beep and if you aren't looking at the dash you won't see any sign of it. I caught it on the dash the other day, today I didn't.

#6 ·
Thanks for all those ideas. I think it may be the traffic light camera system as I seem to recall it happening near intersections. It's not a "threatening" or "foreboding" sound...just a friendly little tone. Does anyone know where that function is described in the Owner's manual?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.