#1 ·
With all the specific nuance's with the " Brembo" application

Has or will anyone , find , build , locate,

A 19x8 5x108 rim , proper ET

With the 2016 " Polestar's" coming

Adding to the current 750

Is/will there be a market of need/want

#4 ·
There are virtually no 19x8.0 5x108 wheels on the market that look decent. The BBS CK is known to fit. It's part of the K-Pax package.

The winter wheel thread found that 19x8.5 wheels with 245/40R19 tires rubbed. Mr. Sideways found that 235/40R19 tires on 19x8.5 wheels on his S60 R-Design did not produce any rubbing.

A couple of the 19x8.5 wheels listed on Tire Rack for the Polestar have been tested on Polestar and do clear the Brembo rotors. You can probably conclude that all of those wheels will clear the rotors. Note: All the wheels on the Tire Rack site are ET45.

At this point, if we are looking for any wheel alternatives, there aren't many.

Just for grins, I did find a 20x8.0 5x108 ET45 that looks pretty nice. Not sure if it would fit without a spacer. Also, not sure if it's available in the US.

#5 ·
The K-Pax brake kit includes a 365mm rotor and a 4-pot caliper. From it's looks, it probably has clearance requirements very similar to the Polestar 6-pot caliper.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
I have a v60 rd, but I have spent quite a bit of time looking at wheel options.

One possibility in between the price of full custom and off the shelf wheels is Forgestar. They have several designs available in a 19x8.5 size. The cool part is that they will custom drill the bore, bolt holes and backspacing. Some of their designs go up to a quite high offset (e.g. Cf5v up to 54) and these can be specified to the mm. In other words, it seems reasonable that a correct offset could be selected to place the same width tire (245) in the middle of the existing placement.

#9 ·
Back to "moose"
Did you fit the "bbs kpax edition " rims

Over the polestar star brakes

Will fit versus does fit
Thx
So much
I was wrong. The KPAX wheels are slightly too concave which causes the slightest rub on the caliper. A 5mm spacer would solve that but it is not a direct bolt on unfortunately. The rear clear no problem of course

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

#12 ·
my r design

Advanti 19" wheels

there forged wheels and lighter then the factory 18s

came in at 46lbs per wheel and tire compared to 54lbs on the factory 18" r design wheels

relatively cheap also

#15 ·
They are gravity cast, not forged. You are not going to buy any forged wheels for $250.00.

#21 ·
I'm running team dynamics race pro1.3's 19 x 8.5J ET45 with 235/40/19 winters as per the thread - absolutely no problems.

Cracking wheel at 11.5Kg each especially in anthracite http://www.team-dynamics.com/wheeldetail.php?ProRace1.3

8.5 wheels have inner edges pretty much exactly where the standard 8j wheels sit (wihtin 0.5mm) and stick out about 12mm over the 8J wheel.

The tyre size is OEM size for winters so wouldn't expect a fitting issue.

S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.