SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Question regarding car number on steering wheel US vehicles but not Canada

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  volvohutter 
#1 ·
The new Polestar is absolutely the best Volvo I have owned. Started with a 71 142E which was successfully rallied and auto crossed then a 79 242GT followed by 90 740 GL, 93 850 GLT, 1998 S70 T5SE (still have with only 7800 Kms) , 2006 xc90 with V8 and now the 2015.5 S60 Polestar in rebel blue. I have question to the Polestar official, the US cars identify the cars on the steering wheel with the number of the car of 40. In Canada this is not used. I am told by the dealer the car I have is one of possibly 3 rebel blue in Canada. Just wondering why the Canadian cars did not have the same unique identifier on the steering wheel. Also, the Polestar manual provided shows a black piece under the doors yet the cars did not come with this as noted.

Just curious. Really appreciate the input you are giving the forum. Thanks.

ScottieB

#3 · (Edited)
The numbering is an American thing. Just a sticker on the steering wheel. No gold inlay or the like. Heh, no black stripe was a good call! Guess which camp I'm in. :)

Btw, congrats on getting one of the few Polestars in Canada!

Please consider posting some pics, or otherwise you got a Camry.

#5 ·
Chris(Moderator) has toyed around with adding the Black strip to his R Design with Vinyl and ended up removing it in the end because he didn't like the final look. If you really want it, just reach out to him about how to do it.

The 2016 cars will not be numbered in the US FYI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.