SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Finally found something I hate

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  P50GT 
#1 ·
The horn is terrible. So wimpy compared to the car.

#3 ·
WOW, my P* horns are at least 2 X louder and sound significantly better than my V70R's were.

#6 ·
I hate the way we change the speed of cruise control.
- 1 quick click should be 1mph
- press and hold 5mph after 2 seconds, and then again every 2 seconds.

#8 · (Edited)
True. Thank you for the reminder.

Just with the 'police state' I need to drive thru to and from home, where 9 time out of 10 a cop is sitting somewhere along a 3 mile stretch of the beach community they serve and a 1 or 2 mph above 30mph can be the difference between a ticket or not , a quick easy 1mph down would help even more for me.

#10 ·
True. Thank you for the reminder.

Just with the 'police state' I need to drive thru to and from home, where 9 time out of 10 a cop is sitting somewhere along a 3 mile stretch of the beach community they serve and a 1 or 2 mph above 30mph can be the difference between a ticket or not , a quick easy 1mph down would help even more for me.
The 1mph down is to tricky for me

I set the speed at 9 over each day
Freeway commute

#11 · (Edited)
The thing I've found that I absolutely hate is the drivers side mirror. I know the BLIS system is there but I don't exclusively trust the flashing light and usually believe my eyes first. I'd rather see the vehicle then a flashing light. Unfortunately the US spec drivers side mirror leaves a huge blind spot that I really became fully aware of when I accidentally cut another car off that I just totally didn't see. Yes BLIS was flashing but I was already merging into the left lane and when i looked in the mirror there wasn't anyone there, except for the fact that there actually was. Is there an aftermarket glass replacement that is a drivers side convex mirror or aspherical? Is the EU left side mirror convex and if so, would that be a direct replacement option to fit US spec mirror housing?

I had aftermarket aspherical glass on my last car and feel they are much better at showing the road. It could be just because I'm so used to them, but I do miss them.

#12 ·
It's interesting that you say this because I actually have a 328i rental right now and the mirrors are the one thing that I don't like. I keep comparing it to the loaner S60 Drive-E's that I have recently had and quite honestly there is no comparison, the BMW is better in every way except one, the mirrors. I can't get over how small and useless the mirrors on the BMW are. I am a big fan of the mirrors on my P* and don't feel like I have any major blind spots. Eliminating blind spots is really about proper positioning of the mirrors. I have also become more and more trusting of BLIS over time. BLIS won't stop me from checking visually as well, but it saves me time of knowing something is already there. I have seen guys on the R forum talking about getting different EU mirrors that were convex, but I don't know what's available for our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.