SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Surprise Tomorrow?

4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  rebelde azul 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
My guess is a news release of the 2016 Polestars becoming available to those markets as well. Earlier this year the US found out it will get about 150+ cars. Same spec as the 2015.5 models but with some exterior color changes. Get your checkbooks ready!

Token, thanks for the heads up on that FB posting.

#8 ·
Huh? This cant be it, this is already known for a while now.

If its cnsidering sound, what the video assumes, there cant be an upgrade for the real Polestar, no way. So it will be most likely an Polestar exhaust system for normal Volvos.

It seems like people can turn there normal V60 Volvos more and more into a Polestar...

#6 ·
2016 will be first come for serve upon release on the website. This news can't be regarding the fact they will be available to these markets now" becuase they have always been available to these markets. My guess is release of software update for more throaty sound or maybe a new exhaust system for regular Rdesign t6's to match the stock polestar exhaust system. Which only allow those 3 countries due to certain pollution laws (for ex sport cat)

#10 · (Edited)
http://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/cars/new-models/v60/editions

Interesting, rebel blue and ice white are the only colors available for Canada.

Apparently without sunroof is a configuration option as well, but there is no availability of those according to the digital commerce website for Canada.

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
This begs the question, will this website feature work any better than last year's online Polestar allotment tool, which we should recall didn't work at all.

#16 · (Edited)
This is on Volvo's website, not Polestar's, so yes it works better but not edited well. Case in point the two descriptions above are supposed to be different but are copies with the words "automatic sunroof" taken out making the 1st one make no sense.

#19 · (Edited)
It's simple. They don't want dealers dealing with deposits and optimistic orders or any of the other shenanigans that accompany special order cars. The Hellcat has been a nightmare from a company/dealer/PR point of view. We all complained about the Polestar site. And Volvo intends to sell a much higher percentage of their cars going forward via the Web instead of dealers, so what better test market than the Polestar? The initial orders for the XC90 in Canada were done the same way. This is it...

Let's do a quick poll: what value-add was the dealer in any of our PURCHASE DECISION process for the P*? Zero for me.

Do I want a great service shop and other things from my dealer, yes, but they are overall responsible for a smaller and smaller proportion of sales decisions. Volvo wants to get ahead of that curve (like Tesla).

#20 ·
Let's do a quick poll: what value-add was the dealer in any of our PURCHASE DECISION process for the P*? Zero for me.
My dealer convinced me to put down a deposit in May 2014. They already had two deposits (Dec 2013 and Feb 2014?) and were not sure how many more deposits they would take due to the limited availability. If I waited for the "website" to go live later in 2014 I would not have a Polestar, or more likely be shipping one across the country, which the latter would affect my decision to not purchase.

So my dealer was 100% value add to my purchase decision. :)

#21 · (Edited)
[Let's do a quick poll: what value-add was the dealer in any of our PURCHASE DECISION process for the P*?[/QUOTE]

Well, my dealer and their Polestar salesman have been outstanding.
1. The day their first RB S60 P* arrived, I was invited to see it prepped and test drive it.

2. I sold my by '04 V70R four weeks before my V60P* arrived and my dealer gave me a new XC60 to drive at no charge until I took delivery.

3. The tint I selected was installed at the dealer's Mercedes location at no charge to me.

4. The day #39 P* arrived, the president, general manager and P* salesman all greeted me in the service department to show me how it was being prepped. The service manager and my previous service advisor both were on hand to answer any questions. They told me they would adjust the Ohlin shocks 5 times for me so I could make an informed decision as to what was best for me.

5. The day I took delivery, the general manager and salesman were both waiting for me and were as excited as I was. Park Place Volvo made the whole experience exciting, easy and fun, and treat me like family.

#25 · (Edited)
They owned two dealers and their other dealer was an authorized Polestar dealer. Plus I was on the interest list with the Regional Manager, not any one dealer. Yet another reason why I would have preferred digital ordering. Digital ordering doesn't limit where you can go to purchase your car, you get to do it from the comfort of your home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.