SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OptiCoat Pro Plus going on today

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Opus007 
#1 · (Edited)
Couple teasers to start. We are doing everything, wheels, interior, etc. The alcantara only gets a protectant, the leather gets the sealer. If you take a fine brush to the alcantara and get it standing the same way it looks very nice. After treatment all you need to clean is a damp rag and if you have anything to clean up, a dilute surfactant solution such as the OptiCoat No Rinse. Even the carpets have protectant.

Still polishing now...

The reason I am doing the OptiCoat is I was already noticing fine swirl marks and I am very careful with my car. This will alleviate that and I don't have to wax anymore which is of course huge.

See less See more
#2 ·
Getting close to application. Finishing up the paint correction. Mehrdad uses all LED light, the wand of truth! If there is anything not 100% perfect on the paint surface, you will know it!

#3 ·
Having my car in a paint booth with all the lights was eye opening. You see every little imperfection. It made my decision to get the wrap easy. Looking forward to see how everything turns out.

#4 ·
Coating on. Sorry for the crappy light. Nice demonstration of the hydrophobic nature of OptiCoat.

Here is a cool demo video on hydrophobia of the coating

#5 ·
Looks great! I am giving OptiCoat serious consideration and your picts are helping. :)

#6 ·
Yeah, we did the calipers too. You don't just need OptiCoat, you need this guy!

I have already had the OptiCoat on my XC90 and it is incredible. Head to the car wash and all I do is grab a wand with water pressure. Wheels... clean, and I mean front to back clean. To have that with the calipers is amazing.

#9 ·
I have already had the OptiCoat on my XC90 and it is incredible. Head to the car wash and all I do is grab a wand with water pressure. Wheels... clean, and I mean front to back clean. To have that with the calipers is amazing.
What has been your experience over time on the XC? Specifically on mitigating swirls? I am considering a wrap given the swirl prone paint and color, but I don't necessarily have a burning desire to change the car's appearance (vinyl color or matte ppf), just as a way to help my OCD with this vehicle. If coating after paint correction offers clearcoat protection unlike traditional sealants and waxes, I am open to that approach.

#10 ·
It does offer clearcoat protection, primarily to etching from droppings and bugs which is the main guarantee. It also protects from swirl marks, but honestly the best way to mitigate that is through good practice. Touch the car as little as possible and when you do always excellent surfactants, excellent microfiber cloths, and very little pressure! And with a coating, you don't need to wax, it is actually a waste of time.

#11 ·
"...the best way to mitigate that is through good practice. Touch the car as little as possible and when you do always excellent surfactants, excellent microfiber cloths, and very little pressure!"
+1!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.