SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How to boost up a 3.0 l engine of a 960

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nebor 
#1 ·
Is anybody can give me advise as to how to increase the power of my 92 960 3.0? Perhaps somebody know some simple hints to improve its performance without too much effecting the fuel consumption.

The performance parts for Volvo is very rare in my country even just for finding a suitable K$N air filter.

Is there any repair kit for brake booster? I've replaced both front & rear brake pads but the pedal is still feel too deep while braking. A technician advised me to replace the entire brake booster.

#3 ·
Re: How to boost up a 3.0 l engine of a 960 (ktt 960)

There is a chip available for the 95-98 B6304 engines. It's available from SCT-Tuning.com in Sweden and you have to e-mail them (Niclas Svensson) about the US spec 181 HP B6304 chip that takes the engine to 210 HP with the addition of the SCT chip and a 'high flow' air filter. I don't know what it does for the TQ curves since those graphs weren't availbale.

They may have a chip for the 92-94 model years as well.

DEWFPO

#4 ·
Re: How to boost up a 3.0 l engine of a 960 (dewfpox)

Rather than deal with shipping to Sweden, for an ECU upgrade look at http://www.powerchipgroup.com. They offer a healthy 20hp\20ftlb increase at peak, and a healthy .7 seconds off the zero to sixty time. Eurosporttuning.com works with powerchipgroup, and can get you the same chip for about the same cost. I haven't gotten it yet, but it's next on my mods list.

As I understand it, you shouldn't need to send your ECU off. You simply remove two chips and insert the replacements, with no soldering. I'm waiting for clarification on the issue from powerchipgroup though. Stand by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.