SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

At wit's end with 960 wagon

764 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gdill2 
#1 ·
A few months ago, a friend's '95 green 965 got clogged sun roof drains. The carpets got flooded. The drains were cleared, and carpets were pulled to allow the floor to dry.

Shortly thereafter, the car was not starting regularly.
About 3 months ago, the car stopped starting altogether.
Current mileage is about 150,000 miles.

It sat at the dealer for about another month; the Volvo Master Tech (20+ yrs. experience) could NOT figure it out. $1500, several swapped parts, much diagnosing, but no repair. The dealer gave up, and we towed the car to my dad's house.

My Dad owns a '95 white 964.
Over the past month, the following parts have been swapped from the 965 to the 964, to test workability:
- AMM
- crank position sensor
- fuel and ignition computers
- ignition sensors

When all of these parts were swapped onto the 964 (each one individually), it worked fine. So these parts cannot be suspect.

We have removed the intake manifold, and inspected the wiring harness from the coils all the way up to the injectors. Wiring looks A-OK.

We have removed all of the ground wires, cleaned up the terminals, and reattached them.

We are still getting no spark.

If anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, we will begin breaking this car for parts.

Thank you,
JD

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: At wit's end with 960 wagon (ultimatevolvo)

May be that the under-seat electrical components got wet and have oxidized to the point of no electrical connection/current flow. I have not removed the seats on my '96 965 so am not sure what's there but most Volvos have control stuff under the seats.

George Dill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.