SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

CRANK CASE VENT ISSUE

809 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wagonnut 
#1 ·
I have an 89 745 turbo with 198000k on it. I just replaced cam seal oil seal and crank seal along with timing belt.Prior to repair I noticed oil on front lower timing cover so I knew the seals were done.I replaced o ring on oil trap and the tube that goes to the turbo hose.The little hose to intake is also new,I did engine wash and test drove(25miles)and when I returned to check their is oil coming from cam seal
Eric @IPD was very patient and told me if motor is venting properly you can remove oil cap and put paper on it and it will try to suck it in (with proper venting happening).If you remove cap it pushes the paper away.Anybody have any ideas on this feedback will helpful

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: CRANK CASE VENT ISSUE (wagonnut)

Sounds like you might be showing signs of wear at this point. I would not despair too much. it's old and things wear even Volvo's, and they tend to wear a bit faster with turbo's.

What kind of oil do you run?

Your ring lands may be very gummed up, what ever you don't use a sludge cleaner it will wreak havoc on the bearings, ask me how I know

I followed a link to a page called http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ you might want to spend sometime looking around in there.

You should have cylinder leakage test done it will give you a good idea of the condition of the motor

dagovna

#3 ·
Re: CRANK CASE VENT ISSUE (dagovna)

Thanks for the input.I use 10/30 oil and I would nwver use anything like a sludge cleaner(like waking the dead).the car runs great only it idles alittle high in park.No stalling or hesitation,thats the sad part it runs great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.