SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

97 960 Wagon Nivomat shock question. To have or not to have?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gdill2 
#1 ·
I've heard a bunch of chatter in various message forums, particularly on brickboard.com, about Nivomat shocks. My 97 960 Wagon does not have these. Is it supposed to? If not, should I consider switching to the Nivomats? I can't tell you what type of rear end the car has....I know this has something to do with why or why not specific models have these Nivomat load leveling shocks. Given that I have a wagon that weighs over 3K Ibs, with a rear seat- wouldn't it make sense to have the load levelers?

See less See more
#2 ·
The novomat option is primarly for towing to level the ride with a trailer attached. The composite leaf is softer when the novomats are the installed option on the car. You will have the load leveling system and some air lines if it was installed, and someone didn't replace the novomats with proper components. The ride height would be too low in the back if that was the case.

#3 ·
Re: (v90r)

(from the www)

The 1997 960 is available in two models - sedan and wagon. The 960, the flagship vehicle for Volvo, is manufactured in Torslanda, Sweden. The 960 comes equipped with a Sport, Economy, and Winter/Wet shift modes on the transmission. The shift modes can be activated by choosing the position of a center-console mounted switch. Optional, by special order, on the wagon is the Nivomat self-leveling rear shock absorbers. Standard on the wagon, but optional on the sedan, is an intergrated child rear booster seat. This year Volvo celebrates it's 10th anniversary for its standard Volvo On Call¨, roadside assistance program. In 1995, Volvo sold 27,645 of their 960 models in the United States.

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autoguide.net/apf/v....html

--------------------------------------------------------

http://market.autopartsfair.co....html
----------------------------------------------------------

George Dill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.