SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Coil - Regina or Bosh? 740, 740GL, 740GLE? How Do I Tell?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ZoomZoom 
#1 ·
Okay, I have a '90 740, or 740 GL (?) - the engine has a sticker indicating B230F (?).

So, I'm trying to order some parts for some routine maintenance and the parts person wants me to tell him if I need wires for a Bosh coil or a Regina coil. Also, this guy - "Mr. Order Taker" - had no idea how to help me and he said the coil wire would have to be ordered - separately?

Can anyone offer me some suggestions so I can figure out how to find the information I need so I can order the right parts?

Also, does anyone know how I may positively identify which model of Volvo I have? I do know it's not a turbo - that, I could figure out.

And finally - does anyone know of a good, on line parts source? I'd happily pay more to talk with someone who knows what they're doing, ya know?

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH,

ZZ

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Coil - Regina or Bosh? 740, 740GL, 740GLE? How Do I Tell? (RearWheelPaul)

Thank you - yes, it's great info. I'm going to make a consciencous effort to stop saying mean things about Canadians . . . well, for today anyway.

Now, with the help of my wife, I'm going to push the machine into the garage and try to get it fixed.

(btw - I was j/k about making negative remarks about Canadians)

#6 ·
Re: Coil - Regina or Bosh? 740, 740GL, 740GLE? How Do I Tell? (RearWheelPaul)

I ordered my tune up (routine maintenance) parts on Thursday. I was especially disapointed with the first Internet Volvo parts source - it was clearly evident I was talking to an "order taker" - this guy had no clue what was going on with my car.

After following the recommended links & browsing around I found a great parts source in Ann Arbor and got my stuff from them. Today, I'm trying to fix the Nissan - it's sputtering, but it runs. The 740 is dead and I'm hoping the fuel relay and tuneup will get me going - I know, I know - it's a longshot, but just maybe.

I began reading the "won't start" dialog on one of the web sites linked above and it was really depressing - many times the suggested solution involved replacing the "possibly faulty" part with a new one to diagnose whether or not it's zapped. If I can find a good Volvo shop nearby (and that's very unlikely) AND if I can get the old brick running, I'll drop it off to a real diagnosis and hopefully fix.

After reading much of the Volvo pages, I ordered a set of o-rings for the injectors. Any clue how I can find a reputable shop who can clean them with the right machine/method? I live in a very rural part of Georgia - where, unfortunately, most "mechanics" still think fuel injection has something to do with the death penalty.

Thanks a whole bunch,

ZZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.