SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Tranny Overdrive

713 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gdill2 
#1 ·
My car was not going into overdrive until warm so I changed the, kickdown cable, the overdrive solenoid and now it won't go into overdrive al all. I had checked the OD relay and it looked okay it clicks when activated and the up-arrow shows up. I checked for a click at the solenoid and now no click or noise when pushing the OD button.
Could it be the relay not working?? The relay didn't have any cracks in the solder and looked fine. Now that it would work at all after changing the solenoid perhaps it's the solenoid. Should I get 12V at the solenoid when OD is off (up-shift arrow on) or on (up-shift arrow off)? l
Any ideas??? I am hoping it isn't the actual tranny, by the way the tranny was flushed 2 weeks ago and almost again now that I had to drop the pan to change the kickdown cable 2 times. (gasket didn't seal the first time through)
Any help ideas would be helpful I am fresh out, I have a OD relay coming but not soon enough!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.