SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

October 21 dinner meeting

2K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  OilAnalyst 
#1 ·
OK guys we haven't all been together for a while so let's make this next meeting a good one. I know we're all busy but let's see if we can't get at least 5 volvophiles together around the dinner table. Not too much to ask I hope.

I'm open for suggestions. I'm partial to Broad Ripple and I know we did it there last time but only 3 members showed up. There's cool new place called Bruges which is a Belgian brew pub and braserrie (sp?). Any other thoughts?

#4 ·
Re: (soledoc)

Gotta say...Bruge is a great place!!! I just confirmed with the wife that we've been there before. I'd be up for meeting there...we can always take the cars someplace else if we want to do pics.

Otherwise, I think we'd be stuck at a chain joint...which isn't all that bad either. There are several places there at 86th & 465. Or if no kids will be there, we could go to a sports pub or something like that.

Oh- let me know in advance who is interested in oil sampling. I'll bring the sample bottles and vacuum gun. Remember, $5.00 discount to club members. That's $20/sample.

Greg- If you are interested in sampling your engine anytime, just let me know and I'll get a sample bottle sent to you in the mail along with the packaging to send it out to the lab.

Also Greg- do you do software development?

Cheers

Matt

#6 ·
Re: (gamoody)

You're right about parking together. Chain joint might be better. How about Lone Star Steakhouse. I ate there last week and it was good. Lots of parking. It's in Clearwater at 3902 E. 82nd St. Indianapolis. They've got good burgers and stuff. Beer, TV and music and plenty of room.

I'd vote for this place just to have a place in mind and get it out a few weeks in advance so people can plan. All in favor say "I".

#10 ·

I just put it on the vcoa website as well. It starts at 7:00pm so let's have a good turnout since last month we didn't have one and the month before only 3 members showed up. Come on guys!!!

#13 ·
Re: (OilAnalyst)

I know of two people (non-members) who were asking me if there was a classified section. It'll pick up I'm sure.

#15 ·
Re: (gamoody)

good point. I still think it's a good service to promote our local chapter to have that. some people don't want to travel to Seattle to pick up a car if they live in Indiana. Just keeping it local. Still nothing wrong with posting it on both, that's what I would do if I were selling my car.

#17 ·

Quote, originally posted by soledoc »
that's what I would do if I were selling my car.

Correction here....that is what you would do if you were selling your car AFTER you made the car available to me for purchase and I turned it down for some insane reason!!!! LOL.

#18 ·

Don't forget to tell all your volvo friends and members to show up at our next meeting this Friday at Lone Star Steakhouse this Friday the 21st of October at 7:00pm. We need to show some support for our club and get some plans in motion for other events.

#20 ·

I sure hope some new people show up, heck even some old members that haven't been out for a whil...we need some new folks besides the usual gang of suspects...us!!!

I am tired of sending out emails and making calls for meetings and then nobody shows up. I won't even bother wasting my time this time. Hopefully with the ad in Rolling, on vcoa website, on our website and word of mouth folks will get the message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.