SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V90/960 Memory Seat

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nato740 
#1 ·
Just bought a low-mileage 97 V90. Love the car, but unable to set the driver seat memory per owner manual procedure. After setting and pressing the numbered button, seat moves to some other position--possible a default position or one set by previous owner.

#2 ·
Re: V90/960 Memory Seat (tenpiloto)

Welcome to Swedespeed!

I have a '96 965 wagon and it is super!

I think Volvo refers to the '97 as a 960 wagon but V90 is fine with me.

From the owner's manual...
-------------------------
Programming the memory

Three seat positions can be programmed. To program a seat position:
1. Adjust the seat to the desired position.
2. Depress the MEM button.
3. Press button 1 to program the current position of the seat.
Buttons 2 and 3 can be programmed in the same way for two additional seat positions. To move the seat to a programmed position, depress button 1, 2 or 3 until the seat stops. If the button is released before the seat has the reached the programmed position, it will stop as a safety precaution.
-----------------------------------

Once you get the seat in the desired position hold the MEM button down while pressing the desired number button - 1, 2, or 3. Release both buttons simultaneously. Using the controls, change the seat positions then hold down the numbered button used for your MEM and the seat should respond accordingly.

George Dill

#3 ·
My 96 965 works well on both sides. And has not held a memeory yet since I got it. As long as the seat works fine other wise, I say leave well enough alone. The electric seat tracks have a history of cable issues. As long as the seat works in all directions consider yourself blessed. Live with the fact that you have a ten year old car with working seat/s and get over the memory issue if you can. I doubt the avg OLDs/Chevy/Buick/Caddy/ford/lincoln that is ten years old still has a electric seat that moves back and forth on its own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.