SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Buying 740 wgn...info on car

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  emily240DL 
#1 ·
Buying a '92 740 wgn. The car has 135k. What things should I be looking for on this car. Looks and sounds great. rides really smooth and has all the service records. Any advice and info on 740 wagons would be really helpful...thanks

#3 ·
Re: Buying 740 wgn...info on car (George@Swedespeed)

Carfax report came up good and there is this place here in Dallas (Swedish Auto) that has a really great mechanic and is low $ I will be taking to also get checked out. Are there any problems the 740 wgns have that seem pretty common?

#4 ·
Re: Buying 740 wgn...info on car (emily240DL)

Good luck, and let us know how it checks out! Wish I could offer up some advice, but I don't know the first thing about 740 wagons. However, there are plenty of other folks here here who *do* know more, and they can probably give you some pointers. Keep us posted...

#7 ·
Re: Buying 740 wgn...info on car (emily240DL)

Emily,
Hi. Yup -- floormats are a great idea, and the OEM ones (at least for my model!) are more than worth their price, in my humble opinion. In fact, my Volvo is bone stock, except for the OEM Volvo floormats. They're mud-n-snow ones, and they trap (and just as importantly, they hold) slush, rain, mud, and rocks. I'm not a total neat-freak or anything, but they salt the roads and sidewalks liberally here in the winter, and my last few cars have had white salt stains all over the floor mats.

I shopped all around for non-Volvo ones, and found plenty of nice rubbery ones with lips around the periphery for about $40, but when I saw that the OEM made-for-my-S60 ones were only about $60, I couldn't resist. They fit right on the little place-holder pegs, which I think is super cool. No slip-sliding around. Love them!

Floor mats are a nice way to "preserve your car's interior" and also help it maintain its value, in a way!

Congrats on your new car, by the way! Also, like George, I'm wondering where your 240 went. My Dad still has his 240 DL, a '78, in mustard yellow. It's a lovable ol' beast. I don't think he'll ever knowingly or willingly give it up. Somebody's gonna have to pry the keys out of his hands... Ha ha ha. http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.