SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What yr or yrs can I put engine from 93 Volvo Turbo

794 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gdill2 
#1 ·
Looking to swap the engine from my car to another. Which year or years will accept my engine and drive train with the least of problems?

Thank You in advance

#2 ·
Re: What yr or yrs can I put engine from 93 Volvo Turbo (Dickson)

Least amount of problem would be a complete engine/trans/electrics swap from a donor car of the same year/model Volvo.

Any B230F will FIT in any year 200/700/940 but most problems arise trying to get the trans to work right with the electronics from another car.

George Dill

#3 ·
Re: What yr or yrs can I put engine from 93 Volvo Turbo (Dickson)

'90-'95 700/900 turbo cars use LH2.4 Turbo fuel system. Any of those cars would be the most like the '93 engine/fuel/ignition systems.

A '89-'93 240 that uses LH2.4 (most in that year range use LH2.4, but some rare ones had LH3.1) would be a good donor. You'd need a block mounted dizzy and perhaps an intermediate shaft swap. The head mounted dizzy won't fit a 240 engine bay. In the LH2.4 240, you could plug in your fuel and ignition computers, change the injectors, add the resistor pack, and the car would run (ideally, you'd bolt a turbo on the side too). Then whether you want to change the engine is up to you.

So pretty much any LH2.4 car, turbo or non-turbo, would be a reasonably easy donor.

#5 ·
Re: (Dickson)

The B230FT engine in the late-model 700 is the same as in your '93 940. It is much simpler to get a complete drive train from the donor car including all electronics because the engine and trans work together with the ECU. Remember, the repaired car must pass emission rules to be driven on public roads.

George Dill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.