SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1996 Volvo 960 engine swap

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwernerny 
#1 ·
Hi everybody, I am new here...

I am having problems with my 1996 volvo 960. I have decided that I want to add a turbo to my 960 but I was reading on some forums and I thought that it would be way too much work and little gain to add a turbo to the 960 motor. On to the main subject.
As you have just read I want to be able to do more with my volvo. I have come to the conclusion that I want to swap the motor. The engine bay is large enough for practically any motor and it would also be cheaper to swap the motor rather than to fix the one I already have in the car. There would also be a large power gain from doing the swap. I posted this because I would like to know if anyone has ever swapped the 960 motor. I want to know what motor would be the easiest motor to install with a sufficient power gain at a very cheap price...I am leaning towards the nissan rb25det motor that can be found in the skyline. It would be half the price as fixing the motor but then I have to pay for installation or do it myself. I am wondering if this is even possible. I would like to know from you guys because I think that you know more about volvos than I do
. Please post your ideas / experiences you have...

Thanks,
Tom

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.