SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

740 Body Kit

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  TheMadChigga 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Re: 740 Body Kit (infj2)

It's up to you. You have the car and know how it feels. My family is in great shape with a local mechanic. My mothers 940 wagon started to die at 184k. The repairs will get more costly though. If you want to resurect your Volvo, you can. Like me, I have 125k on my engine. Soon, I hope to be putting a ford 5.0 in it. If you'd like to buy my engine, I'd sell it.

#6 ·
Re: 740 Body Kit (omega6_virus)

Thanks for the input.

That 5.0 engine would be quite a blaaaast in my 740turbo! i can only imagine.
And thank you for offering the volvo engine as well to sell, however, i'm going to stick with mine till it dies, as my student budget doesn't allow me to make many purchases at this time.

I bought the car used in 97 for 7000 (5,900 before loan interest) and last year inadventently put 8000 more into it. i couldn't afford payments and insurance on a new car (Volvo) so i decide to fix what i had, which kept hitting me until i've reached a plateau of 8grand. ugh. With all that i could have bought a newer used Volvo, but i couldn't have foreseen the repairs beforehand.

i really like volvo however and hope to keep buying them in the future. my mechanic's work has never broken down and he charges below market rate for labor. who can beat that right?

Thanks again for your advice.

Patrick
quote:

It's up to you. You have the car and know how it feels. My family is in great shape with a local mechanic. My mothers 940 wagon started to die at 184k. The repairs will get more costly though. If you want to resurect your Volvo, you can. Like me, I have 125k on my engine. Soon, I hope to be putting a ford 5.0 in it. If you'd like to buy my engine, I'd sell it.

#8 ·
Re: 740 Body Kit (Volvord 784VC)

I wanted to get a swap for a GN motor

but thought about it, I'm keeping it Volvo.
I was really pissed off @ Ford for customer service on my mom's car, so I decided there is no way in hell a Ford's part is gonna be on my car.

but its still cool to hear the v8 rumble.

as the bodykit, SE kit still is da best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.