SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

rough idel during a traffic stop

951 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  phototalk123 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
this is my first post here.

Earlier this year (around May), I have the dealer clean my turbo, intake, and other compnents. After that, it fixed my shifting problem, but
during a regular traffic stop the car vibrate violently, but once the car
starts rolling, it is fine.

Second question, my 940 SE uses 9004 light bulb, but it is very dim,
I just replaced those, still very dim.

Any suggestions/comments ?

Thank you.

#2 ·
Re: rough idel during a traffic stop (phototalk123)

I hate to say it, but 9004 bulbs are terrible. There isn't really any other way to make it better except maybe go to 80 watt 9004's but that might melt plastic parts. Not a good idea. You could always try and find a set of Euro E-codes or upgrade to HID's for around $400. That would help a lot I am sure.

Your exhaust manifold gasket could be leaking, this is a common problem on the 960 series, but I am not sure about the 940's. It could be the same, because the car "shakes" as you say. I had to have mine replaced at around 76k miles.

-Drew

#3 ·
Re: rough idel during a traffic stop (Drew@Swedespeed)

Hi, welcome to Swedespeed. Where do you service the car? I'm going to guess either 355 Volvo or Scandinavian Imports. Have you spoken to them about the issue.

I've never used 355, but I have Scandinavian. They know Volvos and Saabs very well, though not much cheaper than the dealer.

I've also used Eruopean Auto Repair (something like that) down in Silver Spring. One of our users (VolvoRules, Rob) works there. They know Volvos very well also, and it's only a three man shop, so they don't charge an arm and a leg either. You might want to check with them. I'm sure I could dig up a number. Downside is, it's way down off of Georgia Ave, so not nearly as convenient as 355 Volvo or Scandinavian over off of Gude Drive.

If you see a steel gray 245 with a bike rack driving around Gaithersburg, make sure to wave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.