SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

LA Times Reviews the S80 V8

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  e1618978 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Re: LA Times Reviews the S80 V8 (7E7)

Thanks for sharing, nice read. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#4 ·
Re: LA Times Reviews the S80 V8 (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
The guy liked the Pirelli tires, so you can safely discount anything he says.

This is an actual quote from the article:

"Of course, it helps that our test car was shod with Pirelli P-Zero 245/40 18's, Z-rated tires that would make a dump truck corner"

It does not say that the guy might like Pirelli under all circumstances, but 245 wide soft tires do contribute to the 0.87g.

What is wrong with that? And why everything else has to be discounted?

#5 ·

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
The guy liked the Pirelli tires, so you can safely discount anything he says.

Ok, you are a Pirelli hater. Does that validate your post?

Yannis

#6 ·

I wouldn't say this at all.

What works well on one car may not on another and vice versa. The Pirelli P-Zeros weren't well liked on the R vs. say the PS2s but if you check Audiworld you will find the P-Zeros were favored much more than the PS2s. I've only had a single test drive of the V8 S80 but the tires seemed well matched to the car in the small amount of pushing I did. They were definitely stickier than say a typical Volvo cruiser tire (Michelin Pilot HXM for example.)

#7 ·
Re: LA Times Reviews the S80 V8 (rollie)

Quote, originally posted by rollie »
I wouldn't say this at all.

What works well on one car may not on another and vice versa. The Pirelli P-Zeros weren't well liked on the R vs. say the PS2s but if you check Audiworld you will find the P-Zeros were favored much more than the PS2s. I've only had a single test drive of the V8 S80 but the tires seemed well matched to the car in the small amount of pushing I did. They were definitely stickier than say a typical Volvo cruiser tire (Michelin Pilot HXM for example.)

The P-Zeros feel so horrible on the R (compared to the PS2 and two models of Bridgestone) that I can't imagine liking them in any context, but I admit that my experience is limited to the S60R and V70R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.