SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Recommended Volvo dealerships in New England

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  AhDoi 
#1 ·
So I'm trying to bring in my car to have them look at the pre-mature wear on my Nordkap seats, humming of my brakes, and a fallen reflector in my taillight housing. I called 128 Volvo first and scheduled a time to bring it in and drop it off, but they don't offer loaner cars.

Is this something normal for Volvo dealerships? I didn't buy the car there but I figure since I spent this much money on a Volvo, the least they could do is have their dealerships give out free loaner cars for WARRANTY work!

128 Volvo was telling me, "I've never heard of the dye defect in the Nordkap seats before" and "Normally the reflector doesn't just fall off. We'll see if we can cover that under warranty". We'll see??

Should I just say "FU 128 Volvo" and bring it to Boston Volvo Village? The only reason I consider 128 Volvo is for location. Boston Volvo Village would be a bit of a hike for me, but it sounds like it may be worth it.

I also heard Lovering Volvo (in Nashua?) is a good dealership too but that too is a bit of a hike (nothing I can't do though)

Can someone chip in with their experience with any of these dealerships for warranty work or service?

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Recommended Volvo dealerships in New England (AhDoi)

Quote, originally posted by AhDoi »
I called 128 Volvo first and scheduled a time to bring it in and drop it off, but they don't offer loaner cars.

Is this something normal for Volvo dealerships? I didn't buy the car there but I figure since I spent this much money on a Volvo, the least they could do is have their dealerships give out free loaner cars for WARRANTY work!

Not all dealers provide loaners; especially for someone who didn't purchase it at that dealership. Some will offer rental car coverage though.

128 Volvo was telling me, "I've never heard of the dye defect in the Nordkap seats before" and "Normally the reflector doesn't just fall off. We'll see if we can cover that under warranty". We'll see??

Welcome to the world of Volvo service. It is not surprising that the dealership is unfamiliar with the dye issue as it is specific to the R (and there are not many R competent dealers out there).

Should I just say "FU 128 Volvo" and bring it to Boston Volvo Village? The only reason I consider 128 Volvo is for location. Boston Volvo Village would be a bit of a hike for me, but it sounds like it may be worth it.

Probably is a better solution since Boston Volvo is an active contributor/sponsor on this board and probably more R knowledgeable.

#3 ·
Re: Recommended Volvo dealerships in New England (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
Probably is a better solution since Boston Volvo is an active contributor/sponsor on this board and probably more R knowledgeable.

Thanks. That's all I really needed to hear. I'm going to contact them next and maybe also contact Volvo of North America to see if I can get anything concrete from them in regards to the leather dye defect.

Thanks

DK

#4 ·
Just called up Boston Volvo Village and explained to them to same problems I explained to 128 Volvo. The lady seemed a lot more friendly and she'd even heard about the Nordkap leather issue. They DO offer loaner cars as long as you schedule ahead (I scheduled to drop off my car on Monday and I get a loaner).

Time to cross off 128 Volvo.... They really sounded like they didn't want to do the work and on top of that, sounded doubtful about replacing the leathers or even replacing the taillight reflector under warranty. They even suggested it's a possibility that I need new brakes after 27k miles!!

#5 ·
Re: (AhDoi)

I wouldn't buy a Yugo from any of the 128 dealerships. They have a well established poor reputation. It's a wonder they can even stay in business. I haven't heard great things about Lovering either. If you keep the R long enough to leave warranty then I'd recommend Precision Auto in Rowley. MA. They are fantastic and I wouldn't take my car anywhere else.

#6 ·
I would like to make a note that I brought my car to Boston Volvo Village and when they were taking my car out for a spin to test the brakes, they damaged my winglets on my sport body kit. Now, they won't own up to it and are claiming that the damages happened prior to me dropping it off.

I don't believe they had noted that there were ANY cosmetic damages to the car when I dropped it off. I even saw the guy filling out the paperwork leave everything blank on the damage assessment section.

I'm very unhappy with Boston Volvo Village. You would think that the biggest Volvo dealership in MA would own up to something like that and replace these winglets. For parts that cost $300, that's a pretty small price to pay to make up for their carelessness.

#7 ·
My fiancee and I bought a 2006 V50 from Boston Volvo and brought it in for something.....don't remember what now. But a couple weeks later, I notice a dent in the driver side door. I still believe that it happened at the dealer even though they won't own up to it. We've had decent luck with Boston Volvo otherwise. I still don't completely trust them, but I don't know enough about cars to do any work on my own.

#8 ·
I noticed the first time I dropped off the car, the guy checking in my car did not note any visible damages to the car. That's my only proof that something had happened since the car was brought there.

I know their argument would be that there's no way to prove that it happened WHILE it was on their lot since I noticed the damage after I'd gotten home.

It's just rotten how they are handing this

#11 ·
I spoke with Tracy from Customer Care at Volvo of North America and voiced my unhappiness with Boston Volvo Village. She is making note of this case

If anyone has a problem like this with Boston Volvo Village, PLEASE bring it to VoNA's attention. You may actually be luckier than me since they can look back in their records and see that this has happened before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.