SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What do I need to have inspected at the shop?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Poritz 
#1 ·
My 744's A/C went out a while ago but since it just now has gotten warm and since school is out I need it repaired. It could possibly be just more freon. While its there I want other things inspected and repaired if need be. What else should I bring to the attention of the shop. Its a 1990 744 with 130k+ miles. I have a very honest mechanic who charges very reasonable rates. I wanted to know what generally needs to be checked on at this milestone. Right now my goal is to make the car drive like new again or as close to new as possible.

-Poritz

#3 ·
Re: What do I need to have inspected at the shop? (doug242ti)

Well I just recently got a timing belt, but a tune up could definately be in order. I called IPD and asked them the same question and this is what the told me to have checked.

Leaking Front/Rear Main Engine Seals
PCV System
Vacuum lines
Fuel Injector Seals
Transmission fluid level
Suspension Bushings
Upper Strut mounts
Ball Joints
Strut Rod Bushings
Tie Rods
Brakes
A/C O rings and seals

I had already decided to have the engine mounts replaced. I must remind you that I do not know what service my mother had done to the car and I prefaced my question to IPD's Eric with that. So this is what he told me.

What else do you guys think?

-Poritz

Just remembered something else that I know needs to get checked. The flame trap.

Modified by Poritz at 3:21 AM 5-14-2003

Modified by Poritz at 3:22 AM 5-14-2003

#4 ·
Re: What do I need to have inspected at the shop? (Poritz)

Tuesday morning the baby will be at Bensons Auto Repair in Houston and I will talk to them about the items on the list. Does anyone else have anything to add?

Yannis mentioned that the transmission should be flushed.

-Poritz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.