SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70

13K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
My local US dealer just quoted me $695 to provide the bluetooth hands-free interface on a 08 V70 I am considering buying. This seems like a ton of money. Frankly, this is something that should already come with the car and be fully integrated without an ugly thing stuck on the dashboard.

Any other options out there for less? Will hands-free be fully integrated and provided on the MY09 vehicles? Thanks.

#4 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (DRR)

Quote, originally posted by DRR »
My local US dealer just quoted me $695 to provide the bluetooth hands-free interface on a 08 V70 I am considering buying. This seems like a ton of money. Frankly, this is something that should already come with the car and be fully integrated without an ugly thing stuck on the dashboard.

The other option you may want to consider is the portable Volvo Garmin Navigation unit which includes bluetooth. Here's a link to more info about it: http://www.volvocars.com/us/Do...).pdf

William

#6 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (njb8199)

Quote, originally posted by njb8199 »
integrated bluetooth will be standard on '09's if you can wait that long.

Except C30s.

Yannis

#7 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (GrecianVolvo)

What's a price tag for the port installed bluetooth integration for MY08 S80?

California is enabling a new law that requires hands-free cell phone operation on July 1, 2008.

I want to see what is better - buy a second dedicated TomTom or install car integrated receiver?

#9 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (gascos80)

Quote, originally posted by gascos80 »
What's a price tag for the port installed bluetooth integration for MY08 S80?

California is enabling a new law that requires hands-free cell phone operation on July 1, 2008.

I want to see what is better - buy a second dedicated TomTom or install car integrated receiver?
$438.

Yannis

#10 ·

Will it be part of a package or included in the base car? If it's part of a package, which one?

Standard in all MY09 cars except C30s. In those cars, the current Bluetooth device will be available as a retailer-installed accessory.

Yannis

#12 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
Yannis...does this mean we will have equivilant Euro- style BT with active displays and controls from the steering wheel?

You got it! When you visit the NY Auto Show, on Wednesday, take a look inside the Terra Bronze XC60 (if they will allow you up there). Take some pics of the steering wheel.

Yannis

#14 ·

When can a MY09 V70 be ordered? How long for delivery?

Yes, it can. You are looking at first week of September (delivery).

Yannis

#16 ·

September sounds like it might be worth waiting for. What else will be new/available on the MY09 V70? Ventilated seats, T6, etc?

XC70 T6...still waiting for info on package upgrades, etc.

Yannis

#17 ·

My XC70 will have the built in Bluetooth (AU$445 option here), vented seats and a few other options (18" wheels, PCC, Premium Sound, powered tailgate, laminated glass and so on). I intend to take a few pics when it arrives (end of May ?) so stand by...

#18 ·

When can a MY09 V70 be ordered? How long for delivery?

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Yes, it can. You are looking at first week of September (delivery).

Yannis

XC70 T6...still waiting for info on package upgrades, etc.

Yannis

So I can order a 2009 XC70 T6 now for delivery in September without knowing what options are available for ordering??? Did I misunderstand something about these posts???

#19 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

So I can order a 2009 XC70 T6 now for delivery in September without knowing what options are available for ordering??? Did I misunderstand something about these posts???

We should have the specs in June.
That would give you time for a Sept delivery.

#20 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

Yes. You can order now, meaning placing a deposit for an order with the basic packages (that will be about the same) plus color choices and be on the top of the 2009 order bank...when the exact specs come out, the order will be fine-tuned.

Yannis

#21 ·

You got it! When you visit the NY Auto Show, on Wednesday, take a look inside the Terra Bronze XC60 (if they will allow you up there). Take some pics of the steering wheel.

Yannis

Couldn't get that close to the Terra Bronze. Got right up (but not in) to the green one, and saw the phone controls.

Finally!

#22 ·

Standard in all MY09 cars except C30s. In those cars, the current Bluetooth device will be available as a retailer-installed accessory.

Yannis

Yannis,

Why is it that the c30 gets left out? It doesnt make sense since its basically the same car as s40 etc.

Is it a supplier agreement sort of issue?

#23 ·
Re: Options for Bluetooth Handsfree in MY08 V70 (volvocu)

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »

Yannis,

Why is it that the c30 gets left out? It doesnt make sense since its basically the same car as s40 etc.

Is it a supplier agreement sort of issue?

Probably more of a cost issue.
Trying to keep the price down on the C30.

#24 ·

Yannis

I couldnt spot the difference between the steering wheel of the xc60's displayed at the NYAS show and the rest? Could you possibly show it? I would also like to ask if the new BT system is voice controlled?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.