SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2003 S80 D5 in "Limp-Mode"; code ECM-6805 - "Faulty Flow"

15K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GlenS80 
#1 ·
2003 S80 D5 in "Limp-Mode";ECM-6805 - "Boost Pressure Contr. Faulty Flow"

Hello everybody,

Above mentioned situation was read out with VIDA at the Volvo dealer (ECM-6805 boost pressure control - faulty flow). Everything was checked (intercooler, hoses for leakage, TPS). Nothing can be found wrong. Also, another announcement came up: ECM-5340 - communication central unit.
Everytime I give it a bit too much throttle, it goes into limp-mode. After restarting, it's gone! ...and comes back again after pushing the pedal a bit too much again.
The car is tuned, about 20.000 km's ago, so I do not think this has to do something with it. It came suddenly this week.
Some other thing: just before this happened, the garage guy disconnected the injectors one by one while engine was idling. This gave a VIDA message one time (about nozzle #2), but this was reset, and did not come back anymore. The other ones did. Can this have something to do with the other error codes?
Would a software upgrade help?

Does somebody has experience with this? It drives me crazy!

Thanks in advance, guys!

Glen
Holland

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.