What Size Allen Wrench (hex key) for the Front Brake Calipers?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

What Size Allen Wrench (hex key) for the Front Brake Calipers?

Hi, again. My Haynes manual is on order and I need to change the front brake pads. I took a peak at the Volvo 850 Manual that was at TrakAuto, but I forgot what size Allen wrench I need? (I just want to make sure it isn't an unusual size that I don't have and I find out halfway through!)
      thx, glsable

Re: What Size Allen Wrench (hex key) for the Front Brake Calipers? (glsable)

IIRC, it's a 10mm. I'd just buy a metric set of allen sockets.

Re: What Size Allen Wrench (gdogg16)

Yup, and a torx set while you're at the store.
      2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier
      Caspian Blue / Beechwood

Re: What Size Allen Wrench (1999_V70)

Thanks for the help. Did the job tonight. No problems. Interesting two-piece caliper design.

It was nice of Volvo to include instructions in the box with the brake pads. Didn't need them after looking at the pics in the 850 Haynes manual. Surprisingly the order of the steps in the instructions that came from Volvo are backwards, but it was pretty obvious: you can't remove the pads until after you have loosened the pins! (and vice versa on installation).

Cheers, glsable