CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions?

Tried to eject a coup0le CD's today - first one came out fine. Second one started to eject and then stopped. Now CD player seems dead - can't play anything, can't eject the one, etc. Any suggestions on how to easily fix this myself.

just spent $750 on having the return power steering hose which was leaking replaced - and a new engine mount for one that was worn. hate to have to go back to the dealer again if there is an easy way to get the jammed disk out

Re: CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions? (superstein61)

Quote, originally posted by superstein61 »
      Tried to eject a coup0le CD's today - first one came out fine. Second one started to eject and then stopped. Now CD player seems dead - can't play anything, can't eject the one, etc. Any suggestions on how to easily fix this myself.

just spent $750 on having the return power steering hose which was leaking replaced - and a new engine mount for one that was worn. hate to have to go back to the dealer again if there is an easy way to get the jammed disk out

Unfortunately I don't think there is.

$750 for the PS hose? The hose is a $130 part......

Re: CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions? (Needsdecaf)

as for the power steering hose - it was $362 for the return pipe , $416 for labor (4.5 hours) and $75 for an alignment which needed down after the repair. they did knck off $265 from the return hose costs becuase they initially quoted me a lower price but when the part came in it was the wrong one. I am thinking they quoted the same hose you are referring to initially

But the $750 also includedabout $150 for replacing the engine mount

Sounds like the typical CD Changer failure. You'll probably need a new unit.
      Anyone can replace the unit but the Dealer or an Independent with a licensed copy VIDA and download capability will need to load the software.

Quote, originally posted by superstein61 »

take another cd and try and put it in the slot while it is "ejecting" hold it for a second then pull it back out. Both should pop out.

Used this trick all the time with my '04

Re: CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions? (ibanezplayer)

Quote, originally posted by ibanezplayer »

take another cd and try and put it in the slot while it is "ejecting" hold it for a second then pull it back out. Both should pop out.

AWESOME. just tried it and it puked out the stuck CD. Seems like it is working ok now - Thanks !!!

Re: CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions? (ibanezplayer)

Great information! This should be in the troubleshooting sticky.
      Quote Originally Posted by GiRaff3 View Post
      That's because I'm from the streets. Step off before I step in.

Re: CD player won't eject disk - any suggestions? (QnsMostWanted)

Quote »

this.

Works every time for me.

2004 S60R Ti Gray / Atacama, M66, Climate, Premium, 18" Black Pegs, Stuff and Junk and Things

Hey good Info someone sticky this or something.