pop up display group buy - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      you said this system doesn't have bluetooth capability, right? or does it?
      I ask before I install the Volvo Motorola Bluetooth Kit I got with everything needed (harness/wiring/etc, all from Volvo). If the screen/gps has the bluetooth, I'll just sell the BT kit here.
      06 S60 2.5T AWD
      07 V50 2.4L
      97 850 GLT sedan

Re: (kyungjunhan)

I don't know about bluetooth...my guess is no. But you could ask them....

Re: (meshugy)

the screen looks like a better resolution than than the Gryphon one... congrats..

yeah i got a reply saying that it doesn't have bluetooth.. i guess i'll just install the Volvo bluetooth kit tomorrow.
      06 S60 2.5T AWD
      07 V50 2.4L
      97 850 GLT sedan

Re: (98glt)

Well, I've been using the Necvox Nav software for over a week now and it's really good! I figured out that it's called PolNav and was written by a company called PolStar. It has so many of the features you see on the Garmin and TomTom units and the routing engine is very good. There also seems to be a ton of POIs (probably just the Navteq ones, so probably 1 million. Garmin adds more to their maps, around 6 million)...at least for the Seattle area. Also, it has very cool 3D landmarks....I think it may be more advanced then Garmin in this area.

You can see a demo of the software here: http://www.polstargps.com/Pols....html

You can even download a trial version: http://220.112.38.86:133/DownLoanTrial.asp

Manual Here: http://www.polstargps.com/Pols....html

Like all nav programs it's not perfect..it sometimes gives directions that aren't the best. But more often then not it's selected a route identical or very similar to what I'd use. And if you ignore it the software will re-plot a new route instantly.

What it doesn't do is say street names and it doesn't seem to have the more advanced lane assist that Garmin/Tomtom have. But for $200 bucks I'm really happy and the map updates are only $30!

I've got my buddy's XC90 all wired up but like yours initially, the screen refused to respond. Satnav video and reversing cam signals are not getting through as well.

Any advice wold be great!

2009 V70T6,Heico Chip,Eibach Pro-Kit,EBC Slotted+Redstuff,4C,PCC,Dynaudio,Roof DVD Player,Garmin Satnav with Factory LCD,Reversing Camera,LED DRL,Oval Exhaust Tips,Glare Advance.
      2008 S80V8, RICA Chip,Eibach Pro-Kit,EBC Turbo Groove+Redstuff,4C,PCC,Dynaudio,Roof DVD Player,Garmin Satnav with Factory LCD,Reversing Camera+Rear View Camera,LED DRL,Glare Advance.

Re: (EL008)

I think the problem is the screen needs a video input into AV2 to operate. My screen refused to respond until I hooked my IMiV into the AV2 input. Works great like that but if the IMiV is not connected the screen shuts down.

Although, I tried just running an Ipod's TV out and a camcorder into AV2 and the screen didn't respond. Only the IMiV's aux video out into AV2 on the screen worked.

Shouldn't be that way as the Nav unit is providing VGA input into AV1 but for some reason the screen doesn't respond to that on it's own.

The XC90's AV2 is RGB. We have not tried that yet. We've only used AV1 and reversing CAM inputs so far, maybe that's why the screen will not stay pop'd up.

Tim said that the screen will only stay up if there is either a AV or RGB signal.

Looks like I need to "initialize" the screen by ensuring the screen reads a signal via AV2/RGB first.

I will connect the RGB to the screen to try to activate the screen.

Do you think the screen will work on its own with just the reversing CAM after initializing the AV2. Did your screen shut down after you've removed the IMiV?

2009 V70T6,Heico Chip,Eibach Pro-Kit,EBC Slotted+Redstuff,4C,PCC,Dynaudio,Roof DVD Player,Garmin Satnav with Factory LCD,Reversing Camera,LED DRL,Oval Exhaust Tips,Glare Advance.
      2008 S80V8, RICA Chip,Eibach Pro-Kit,EBC Turbo Groove+Redstuff,4C,PCC,Dynaudio,Roof DVD Player,Garmin Satnav with Factory LCD,Reversing Camera+Rear View Camera,LED DRL,Glare Advance.

Are you using the Necvox touch screen? That's what I have and AV1 is RGB but also has a redundant composite RCA AV1 input as well. The RCA AV1 doesn't work...I didn't realized that until I spoke with Necvox and they told me it was a cost saving measure. So AV1 only works via the RGB inputs. The RCA AV1 is not functional. The Camera RCA input works and I use AV2 to get video via the IMiV (from the iPod).

I never got the screen to work without the IMiV plugged in. Might be the video signal or maybe somehow the IMiV was completing some sort of ground circuit that the screen needs. I don't know...it's weird.

My AV2 RCA is not functional because I chose RGB as an option, only RCA AV1 and Reversing CAM is supposed to work.

The XC90 screen for my buddy is not a touchscreen as we wanted to use the Garmin GVN53 as SATNAV source. For touchscreen functionality, the XC90 dash/pop-up screen location is not ergonomical.

Had a chat with Tim he will be sending over a video on how to get the screen to work.

I think that IMIV/grounding circuit thing that you mentioned for your screen is valid. I had a similar issue with my old XC70 screen supplier by Volvotech in Netherlands. The screen would not funtion even with the reversing CAM in operation, I had to connect another video source onto the AV2 RCA to get it to "initialize" the screen. The screen worked flawlessly(with reversing CAM) after that even without the AV2 conencted.

Have been reading all the email son the install on the XC-90, but do not know anything about all the electical stuff you guys are talking about.

when you get it installed in an XC-90 please post pics and a list of equipment you had to buy and cost to get it set up.

One question , is the screen larger than the factory installed unit.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Louis Brandeis, 1928 wrote this farsighted warning:
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the
      government's purposes are beneficial. .... The greatest dangers to liberty
      lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Re: (240_XC90)

G'day,

I've got a Necvox screen+ Garmin GVN53 set-up working on my mate's XC90 but we are in Australia. My V70 is next. PM me if you have other questions. You will need to check with members stateside for prices. Equipment on my mate's XC90:

1. Necvox pop-up (non-touch)screen, same dimesion as Volvo OEM screen.
      2. Garmin GVN53 GPS blackbox sending composite video output to Necvox screen.
      3. Reversing camera connected to Necvox screen, activated by selecting Reverse gear.

The Necvox screen needed a lot of tinkering but I think between a few of us members on this forum, we have now understood how it is meant to work.

thnks Mate
      lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Re: (podol)

Podol- what is the status of your install on the nav system in your XC-90. I have an O7 XC90 also and want a nav system.

Since I am not famaliar at all with electronics I would have to order the equip and have someone install it.

What did you have to have ( and the cost) to get the system and backup camera working
      thks

Re: (240_XC90)

I have finally completed the installation of the newer style screen sourced from Necvox into my V70T6. Summary of the specs:
      1) Garmin GVN 53 with RGB connection
      2) CA-598 Sony CCD Reversing Camera tailored for Volvo cars
      3) Aux video input(matched to factory audio input) in the tunnel console under armrest.

Audio out of the GVN 53 was via factory 3.5mm Aux audio input and Garmin supplied external speaker(so that I don't have to switch on my car audio all the time just for navigation purposes).

RGB input was significantly better than composite video input.

Best GPS reception so far was a lock on 10 satellites with 3M accuracy.

Have similar installatons on two other XC90s as well.

Feel free to ask for any installation tips on either a V70 or XC90.

Quote, originally posted by EL008 »
      I have finally completed the installation of the newer style screen sourced from Necvox into my V70T6. Summary of the specs:
      1) Garmin GVN 53 with RGB connection
      2) CA-598 Sony CCD Reversing Camera tailored for Volvo cars
      3) Aux video input(matched to factory audio input) in the tunnel console under armrest.

Audio out of the GVN 53 was via factory 3.5mm Aux audio input and Garmin supplied external speaker(so that I don't have to switch on my car audio all the time just for navigation purposes).

RGB input was significantly better than composite video input.

Best GPS reception so far was a lock on 10 satellites with 3M accuracy.

Have similar installatons on two other XC90s as well.

Feel free to ask for any installation tips on either a V70 or XC90.

i might have some eventually. i have aftermarrket lcd w/ remote, garmin headless, imiv, etc all ready to go, just trying to clear some time to dig at it.

'05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

So what is the ergonomics like with the necvox touch screen nav in a V70? I would have thought that the screen would be too far away from the driver for a comfortable experience?

Re: (hupshall)

Quote, originally posted by hupshall »
      So what is the ergonomics like with the necvox touch screen nav in a V70? I would have thought that the screen would be too far away from the driver for a comfortable experience?

You have to lean forward a bit but it's not too bad. My wife is 5'2" and has no trouble with it.

Okay.. I have a 06 S60 w/o factory nav. I want to get the Necvox touch screen with the rear camera capability.

My post is for those who have already installed theirs in their cars/SUVs.

1. Do I still need to get the Garmin GVN-53 if I get the touchscreen one?

I thought it was GPS system included..?

2. The Sony CCD rear cam.. Necvox supplies them too?

I have the Volvo dash grill with LCD slot, mount, and speaker.. need to purchase rest..

06 S60 2.5T AWD
      07 V50 2.4L
      97 850 GLT sedan

Re: (thewayyoumoveme)

You do not need to purchase the Garmin GVN53 if you are getting the Necvox touchscreen with GPS. The Necvox touchscreen has its own GPS module with RGB support. I chose the Garmin GVN53 for its superior(in my opinion) maps/functionality and most importantly: text-to-speech voice guidance. The Sony CCD was sourced from a supplier who will only supply to wholesalers. But there are plenty of reversing cameras out there, especially on Ebay. I strongly suggest RGB connection as the difference to composite video is very noticeable.

Just want to throw this out there and play devil's advocate a bit...the distance to use the touch screen IS a stretch. I've made my own carputer using a touch screen in the same exact location as the oem and IT IS a stretch when you are sitting in driver's seat. That is why I also implemented some dynamic buttons to control functions which I use 90% of the time instead of the touch screen.

Re: (juve021)

I guess it is OK for S60, S80 and V70/XC70s. Definitely not for XC90s. It is definitely not positioned for a touchscreen(that is one of the reasons why the XC60 screen is now in-dash, not on-dash top). You risk straining your back one day. Volvo's mantra has always been safety first in the past, i.e. only use the screen while car is in Park (gear selected) but due to competitive pressure, I heard Volvo is offerring the aftermarket touchscreen on S80s produced for the China market.

Hii ...

Have anyone tried this "All included": monitor...

http://www.cheledigital.com.cn....html

And for the Bluetooth : http://archive.pac-audio.com/i...d.pdf

Re: (LazyBoy_DK)

Quote, originally posted by LazyBoy_DK »
      Hii ...

Have anyone tried this "All included": monitor...

And for the Bluetooth : http://archive.pac-audio.com/i...d.pdf

I don't know if the XC90 product is the same as the one for the S60.. but i searched and only found ones for S40/V50, XC60, XC90, S80: http://www.cheledigital.com.cn....html

And what's the difference between:
      and

??? The LCD frame seems different (round vs squared)..? I wonder if they're RGB or VGA?

06 S60 2.5T AWD
      07 V50 2.4L
      97 850 GLT sedan

I ordered this setup and have it all mocked up on my workbench before installing into the car & I have a couple of questions:

1) The screen seems a bit "jittery" when viewing the RGB from the nav computer - has anyone else seen this?
      2) The colors when first switched on are wrong - I have to cycle the monitor though the two different inputs before it displays correctly. It's like the sync wasn't quite right but I don't know.

Thoughts?

Re: (hupshall)

Did you select RGB out instead of Compsite video out? I know some NAV boxes have output switches for RGB.

With regards to the colours, it may be possibly due to your RGB connections. I had a similar issue when I first bench tested my system for a dry run, the colour looked funny, picture became fine when I pushed in all RGB conenctions.

What screen do you have? I only have experience with Necvox and IMIV screens.

Necvox In-dash Volvo touch screen and WP9100 Series Car Navigation Box compability

Hi

Does the touch screen function work with Necvox PP-656 9 6.5" Pop up screen special designed for Volvo, Infinity Gx35 and navigation unit WP9100 (Wonde Proud)?

I havenīt found any answer to this question in any mail chains.

I know the touchscreen version of the PP-6569 works with the Necvox GPS module. Don't know much about the WP9100.

Necvox update

So I've had the Necvox screen, GPS, and backup camera since this summer and it has worked out really well! I haven't had any problems with it and have recently hacked the GPS box (easy to do) so it will run all sorts of other nav software and apps.

The GPS box runs windows ce 4.2 which is what all the windows mobile devices like palm, pocket pcs, and cell phones use. So you can load other nav software and all sorts of other apps if you want. Not everything is compatible, but I'm surprised how much this little GPS box will do!

So far I have IGO8 and Polanav 6.4 installed for navigation. Also working on Garmin and TomTom which should work.

Also added some other apps like a draw program and notepad for quick easy note taking in the car. Also have an MP3 player and PacMan for fun while waiting at drawbridges...

I made a little front end:

IGO8

PolNav 6.4

MP3 Player

Drawing Pad

PacMan

Windows CE

Modified by meshugy at 2:07 PM 1-24-2010

COOL!!!

Re: (98glt)

Hi - 1st post ( just joined) but been reading for a while.

Can anyone advise where they are buying the screen from ? - I am in the UK and looking for a screen for XC90. Was planning to add GVN 53 to screen but was also hoping that GVN54 would be out (announced Nov 09) but so far nothing doing.

Many thanks

Im acutally in contact with Tim from necvox about buying a csreen + gps unit from them directly.

let me know what you come up with. I would love a nav setup

Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDXE View Post
      Quote, originally posted by juve021 »
      Can you verify if this has a VGA input? It says 1 RGB but not exaclty sure what that is

RGB = VGA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

I would have thought RGB = CGA (320 x 200) and was analog only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_Graphics_Adapter

I hear K doesn't equal 1024 any more either. It's KiB now or something obtuse like that... go figure.

Anybody knows how to run Igo8 on the necvox navi box?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast