What did you do to your car today?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 276 123451151101 ... LastLast

What did you do to your car today?

So we have this thread over @ Volvospeed and it's pretty cool.

What did you do today?

Installed brackets in my trunk to keep my tool kit from moving around, and bungie cords on the side cubbie to keep my cleaning stuff in place.

I will be putting in a new cabin air filter, debadging and putting on the exhaust CEL fix 02 spacer thing.

Re: (S40DaB)

I will be painting my new lip for my car, installing it, and taking pics.
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Re: (carreragt7)

Nice I want to see how that turns out....

Good idea to do something today... I haven't checked my oil in a while, I'll go do that!

hehehe oil change on the moose today

my car and i will be patiently waiting for the arrival of the coilovers, spacers, and deck lid spoiler...
      OAKLAND ATHLETICS. OAKLAND RAIDERS. SAN JOSE SHARKS. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS.

Re: What did you do to your car today? (cicatrizdare)

drove it

Adjusted my air pressure so the car would stop pulling left...glad it worked. I was worried I might need an alignment.

Re: What did you do to your car today? (CINCYFAN)

got all the detailing goodies out but did not end up cleaning because i remembered i get a free wash and detail for my birthday tomorrow!!!!! YAY

Re: What did you do to your car today? (vsweede40life)

washed, detailed, waxed and tire shined my red moose! i also put an air freshener !
      Volvo S40 2.4i / Premium Audio / Triple 10" MTX Sub enclosure / Eibach Pro Kit w/ Koni Yellows / IPD Rear Anti-Sway Bar / Akebono brake pads / K&N Drop in Filter.

Re: (NorthernS40)

Quote, originally posted by NorthernS40 »
      hehehe oil change on the moose today

what kind of oil are you guys using?

Volvo S40 2.4i / Premium Audio / Triple 10" MTX Sub enclosure / Eibach Pro Kit w/ Koni Yellows / IPD Rear Anti-Sway Bar / Akebono brake pads / K&N Drop in Filter.

Okay so I didn't get around to the cabin filter. It looked like too much of a PITA. I did get to adjust the headlights, put in the 02 spacer, and debadge the rear.

I autox'd today oh so much fun.

Put my winters back on in preparation of tonight's snow!

washed and drove!

Re: (S40DaB)

Quote, originally posted by S40DaB »
      and debadge the rear.

And the pictures?????

Matt

2005 S60R Ti Grey/Gobi/6M/18"Black Pegs
      1997 854R Black/Charcoal/Really Dark Bronze Volans/5M/ARD M4.4 BLUE/Daily Driver
      2005 S40 T5 FWD="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2938966" SOLD/MISSED

Re: (mad matt)

Kinda off topic...but anyone know of a decent scratch remover? Back when I debadged my car I accidentally scratched the paint a little in a couple spots...
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Re: (carreragt7)

Painted front brake calipers blue/ Vacuumed/shampooed/washed/waxed and rotated the tires! I may be young and broke but I love my volvo!

Going to put in my 55w HIDs when they arrive, adjusting the levels too, if possible. I might need to adjust the tire pressure too.
      Used Dension GW500 for sale, free test and installation in Los Angeles area. S40 T5 sold.

Drove it to the store. Damn you winter!

Re: (mad matt)

I'd be ashamed to post pictures of this dirty dirty girl right now...

Got installed a Heico hand brake at EST's new headquarter office and while I was there with Frank we discussed about a CF trim for the S40/V50 and a few other goodies.

I painted and installed my new front lip, and painted my rear stock piece as well. I also washed my car. I am now supposed to be writing a research paper, but instead procrastinating and looking at my custom sideskirt project and deciding what needs to be done. Sounds like a lot of us had fun with our cars today.

Freaking birds. All was quiet when I went to dinner at Cheddars. Went out and an army of birds everywhere. Bird crap all over my car. Went home and wiped off the crap as soon as I could. Then I discovered scratches all over my hood and the top of my car. Seems like they tried to land on the hood and top and skidded around.

Spent over 2 hours buffing with my porter cable until I called it quits. I still see some scratches and appear too deep to get out but I can live with it. They should allow owers to shoot and kill these birds in self defense. A man have a right to defend his property. </rant>

2005 S40 T5 BSR Stage 3

Re: What did you do to your car today? (volvoNB)

That sucks! Good luck with it. I have a few scratches in my car I am trying to figure out how to buff out. If you have any good suggestions let me know. Thanks!

Re: What did you do to your car today? (volvoNB)

Quote, originally posted by volvoNB »
      Freaking birds. All was quiet when I went to dinner at Cheddars. Went out and an army of birds everywhere. Bird crap all over my car. Went home and wiped off the crap as soon as I could. Then I discovered scratches all over my hood and the top of my car. Seems like they tried to land on the hood and top and skidded around.

Spent over 2 hours buffing with my porter cable until I called it quits. I still see some scratches and appear too deep to get out but I can live with it. They should allow owers to shoot and kill these birds in self defense. A man have a right to defend his property. </rant>

Fingernail deep?
      as for today...Raced...well "raced" a buddy in his lambo and another in her s2000...

a car.

Re: What did you do to your car today? (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
      That sucks! Good luck with it. I have a few scratches in my car I am trying to figure out how to buff out. If you have any good suggestions let me know. Thanks!

Do you have a PC?

a car.

Re: What did you do to your car today? (chromecarz00)

PC? As in computer or something else?

LOL i meant a porter cable or any other polisher?
      a car.

Re: (chromecarz00)

That's what I thought, I just figured I'd better ask for clarification. I have a motor trend 10" orbital polisher...

Re: What did you do to your car today? (chromecarz00)

Quote, originally posted by chromecarz00 »
      Fingernail deep?
      as for today...Raced...well "raced" a buddy in his lambo and another in her s2000...

chromecarz00
      Not quite fingernail deep but close. I did two pass using Optimum Compound on a cutting pad and it didn't get it out. Marred the paint a little bit. I wasn't happy doing all this cutting, so I switched to two pass of Meguiar's DACP on a light cutting pad and finished it off with Meg Speed Glaze on polishing pad. Some of the deeper scratches are still there but at least it is as not noticible.
      lambo? Dang, you sure a nice friends.

carreragt7
      If you are serious about car detailing, then you need a Porter Cable polisher (actually a sander). Usually for a single scratch or bird crap stain, I switch to 2.5" or 3" pad. It works really well. In this case, I didn't and used the regular 6.5" since it was all over the hood and top.

You can still fix it by hand if you like. Try Meguiar's Scratch X. I had success with this when I didn't have PC. Be prepared for a good workout. You really have to work it. Most of the time you want to apply 10-15 lbs of pressure.

The orbital is too big for spot repair.

2005 S40 T5 BSR Stage 3

heico2.4i - using quaker state for the oil

Installed a Kenwood KOS-A200 FM Modulator with an 8GB flash drive. Posted over at S40 Forums. http://www.s40forums.freeforum...p2124

How is the sound quality on this? If you had to rate the difficulty level installing this from 1-10 what number would you pick?

Page 1 of 276 123451151101 ... LastLast