What did you do to your car today? - Page 325
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 325 of 329 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 LastLast
    Results 11,341 to 11,375 of 11491
      Had drivers seat belt not extend on me, 400km from home, 200km from any town.

4 hours of the lovely beeping with a realisation of how badly I need to adjust the headlights - at park they're fine, going over 60, they project about 4-5mtrs infront.

So many roo's avoided too.

Stripped off the B pillar and found the 'tilt' sensor (plastic box with ball bearing) had crap in it, and was leaning - causing the plastic pin to always push up to lock. Now I have removed this (doesn't effect the hard pull lock). if anyone has issues with it locking that's not caused by the belt being tangled, I suggest looking at this...

When the trim is off the pillar, right under the arm (where the webbing is round) is a black plastic box held on by 4 clips, pull it down, facing the rear you should see a white with blue plastic part. the white part has a clip on it to slide it out (towards rear) - or just break the ****er out if you've had to deal with it for a real long time and have lost any and all patients!

Oh and put short positive battery pole arm on!

Next is head light adjustments...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not quite "today" but nearly 3 weeks ago, I managed to kill my tranny...

It isn't a good idea to do a "burnout" by dropping the car in D after reving it up...
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

Quote Originally Posted by daim View Post
      Not quite "today" but nearly 3 weeks ago, I managed to kill my tranny...

It isn't a good idea to do a "burnout" by dropping the car in D after reving it up...
      Oh man, I would not have wanted to be there when it happened. It's one of those split second stupid mistake that makes one feel awful because it can't be recovered... at least not at the moment...
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      Oh man, I would not have wanted to be there when it happened. It's one of those split second stupid mistake that makes one feel awful because it can't be recovered... at least not at the moment...
      Was it worth it? Well no.

Would I do it again? Well, again, no.

Will I still do it? Probably

What did I learn? Nothing much, other than MORE POWAAAAAA!

Tranny has now been upgraded with Audi S8 parts. That has more power than my puny little engine could ever make So I'm happier... An overhaul was cheaper than a used tranny!
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

Tranny has now been upgraded with Audi S8 parts. That has more power than my puny little engine could ever make So I'm happier... An overhaul was cheaper than a used tranny!
      Audi S8 parts in the geartronic? Do tell.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlevang View Post
      Audi S8 parts in the geartronic? Do tell.

I don't have a GT That is the secret. Heck, I don't even have a Volvo...

You're joking, right?

Oh, almost forgot...got an oil-change today....

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post

Damn I admire how you do everything by the book. Castrol Edge and OEM filters. That's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by bhill View Post
      Got my stock Clavas refinished, and new shoes, too: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+

Love my PS A/S3+, undoubtedly the best tires I've yet to experience.

Damn I admire how you do everything by the book. Castrol Edge and OEM filters. That's dedication.

Gotta keep it up the right way, or else...$$$. The key to longevity: everything Factory OEM and no mods.

Gotta keep it up the right way, or else...$$$. The key to longevity: everything Factory OEM and no mods.
      This is the truth, but more power is more power :P
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Replaced the crap Ford lugs with these one-piece guys from Amazon. I like them!

Waiting on my trans oil socket in the mail so hopefully I'll be able to tackle that today. And I might wash her and snap a few pictures for the IPD photo contest? 😁

I have had 4 alloys profesionally refurbished, straightened and powder coated in anthracite. Also 4 new centre caps and 4 brand new tyres.
      Really happy with visual result and improved road handling (and no more rolling vibrations... . good day for my car, pretty bad for the wallet :P

[IMG][/IMG]

Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit, de-nanny mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

Painted some junkyard side skirts to updated my s40. Also got a ribbon cable in so I can install my blupower stereo tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ducktape View Post
      Painted some junkyard side skirts to updated my s40. Also got a ribbon cable in so I can install my blupower stereo tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice. I'd like to do this at some point. My junkyard gets a pretty healthy amount of P1's.

Installed a "K&N filter" with an aluminium "Eurosport style" cold air open box...

Quote Originally Posted by C70-T5 View Post
      Installed a "K&N filter" with an aluminium "Eurosport style" cold air open box...

will make oil changes easier that's for sure
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

Lets play a game called "track down the mystery oil leak" - where is this from? I know the answer and did the replacement, but for fun I want to see if anyone else knows

https://goo.gl/photos/FzDbNRRUPifohRgT6

Quote Originally Posted by GRat9717 View Post
      Lets play a game called "track down the mystery oil leak" - where is this from? I know the answer and did the replacement, but for fun I want to see if anyone else knows

https://goo.gl/photos/FzDbNRRUPifohRgT6
      I'd say oil cooler, oil level sensor, or dip stick O ring. Had to replace the oil cooler on my first V50 and it used these rings.

Nope, nope nope. The answer is: from the turbo oil return line!

Quote Originally Posted by GRat9717 View Post
      Nope, nope nope. The answer is: from the turbo oil return line!
      Ah! Glad you got that replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      Ah! Glad you got that replaced.
      Well, sorta. I spent all night trying to get the pipe back in properly and have to hit it again tonight. It's a tight space and normally I could get at it. I'll have to remove some things so I can use both hands on it (passenger axle and charge pipe). I'll have my cheerleader coming back from a trip today so I'll be in a better place

I've had the rear spoiler fitted + the colour coded side strips.

I actually fitted a whole tailgate as mine was dented, the new one came from a 2008 R-Design hence the spaced Volvo lettering

New side strips fitted today:

Haven't cleaned it as the glue takes 24 hours to fully dry

Looks good.
      Quote Originally Posted by mattant View Post
      I've had the rear spoiler fitted + the colour coded side strips.

I actually fitted a whole tailgate as mine was dented, the new one came from a 2008 R-Design hence the spaced Volvo lettering

New side strips fitted today:

Haven't cleaned it as the glue takes 24 hours to fully dry

Well, I got a free 1983 244 yesterday (which has $174 in registration back fees, thanks state of CA) it hasn't run in over 10 years... Spent the bulk of the afternoon cleaning all the dust off. I changed the oil, syphoned the old gas, threw a battery in, and replaced some failing exhaust hangers.

It's gonna be really really cool once it's running. I did some garage tests last night and it looks like the tank fuel pump is the culprit. But we did have it starting briefly with starter fluid. Very cool car!!

Well, I got a free 1983 244 yesterday (which has $174 in registration back fees, thanks state of CA) it hasn't run in over 10 years... Spent the bulk of the afternoon cleaning all the dust off. I changed the oil, syphoned the old gas, threw a battery in, and replaced some failing exhaust hangers.

It's gonna be really really cool once it's running. I did some garage tests last night and it looks like the tank fuel pump is the culprit. But we did have it starting briefly with starter fluid. Very cool car!!

Dude that car looks awesome!! I wish I could have an old Volvo next to my p1... It looks awesome.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      2006 S40 2.4i FWD

Quote Originally Posted by evy0311 View Post
      Dude that car looks awesome!! I wish I could have an old Volvo next to my p1... It looks awesome.

It is unbelievably cool. Can't wait to get it running and registered. My junkyard always gets heaps of these old turds so finding some of the missing cosmetic parts should be ezpz

It is unbelievably cool. Can't wait to get it running and registered. My junkyard always gets heaps of these old turds so finding some of the missing cosmetic parts should be ezpz

Lucky. The junk yards around here hardly ever have Volvo, and if they do it's not anything as cool as this. I'd love to have a project car.

A teacher at my school drives I believe a 99' Volvo. Not sure the model but it's similar to your 244. His runs great.

2006 S40 2.4i FWD

All the belts still holding up all these years?

All the belts still holding up all these years?
      None or the belts have cracks in them at all. I'm gonna replace the serp belts but if the timing belt breaks it's not a huge thing since it's non interference.

Got some 225/45-18 Nexen N'fera SU1 tires mounted to the new wheels today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Making good use of my compressor and my orbital sander. Sanding the spare ruined (bad paint job) front spoiler for my C30 which I've had for over a year. I made the mistake when first doing the job of sanding (lightly gouging) the plastic...oops. I bought it new and forgot that it already came half or maybe fully primed...

Finished most of the 180 pass last night to remove the old paint. Doing the rest today and a pass with 400 grit. Hopefully priming tonight so I can smooth it out tomorrow and get it ready for top/clear coats when I get back from Florida.

Didn't do anything to my car... But I did give a speech in my class for an "informative presentation" we had to give. Of course, I did mine on Volvo and how safe it is and why Volvo is more than a car manufacturer.

Everyone knows I love Volvo, so as soon as they saw my PowerPoint cover everyone said "of course" and "I knew it". Love it 😂

2006 S40 2.4i FWD

Did some more cleaning on the barnyard brick! I did some restoration as well...

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 325 of 329 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 LastLast