What did you do to your car today? - Page 327
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 323 324 325 326 327
    Results 11,411 to 11,427 of 11427
      My TB seemed to actually be bad. Replacing it has improved throttle response a ton.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      2006 S40 2.4i FWD

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      We'll be doing the same thing in a week or so. Curious how you're able to sit in front of those infant seats comfortably.
      I'm used to cramming my 6'1 ass covered in body armor and a rifle and a backpack into an uparmored hummer, doing this was a piece of cake:
      put the seats in there and get them level as needed. Then put the seatback upright into an ALMOST uncomfortable position, then scoot the seat back giving yourself about 1/2" or so of free room to get to the release handle for the carseat. Good enough for me in the legs department. Also if you want to squeak out every last inch of free room, lift your seat as high as it will go and push the steering wheel as far in and up as you can. Your legs lose about 4-6 inches of stretch but meh, I'm used to suffering for my love.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Took apart the waterfall and bought some plasti-dip - flat black to match the interior. Looks significantly better than that crappy satin aluminum finish in all it's dented and damaged glory.

Also discovered just how much a crappy person owned it before me - The shifter boot was GLUED to the bottom of the waterfall and then STAPLED IN, and some of those staples actually caused the dents in the aluminum that I was wondering about.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      Took apart the waterfall and bought some plasti-dip - flat black to match the interior. Looks significantly better than that crappy satin aluminum finish in all it's dented and damaged glory.

Also discovered just how much a crappy person owned it before me - The shifter boot was GLUED to the bottom of the waterfall and then STAPLED IN, and some of those staples actually caused the dents in the aluminum that I was wondering about.
      Ugh... that sucks! I have the automatic so no boot, but damn... staples?! That aluminum sure shows the little dents/scuffs... I've been contemplating dipping it as well, or maybe trying vinyl again. How's the flat black look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a quick photo of it - it matches nicely with the rest of the dark interior. Personally I have never really grasped why some designers definition of luxury involves all black and then symmetrically placed light/shiny bits. It's like most of them were high and got their inspiration from a ****ty 1950's (black and white) movie about a kaleidescope.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      Here's a quick photo of it - it matches nicely with the rest of the dark interior. Personally I have never really grasped why some designers definition of luxury involves all black and then symmetrically placed light/shiny bits. It's like most of them were high and got their inspiration from a ****ty 1950's (black and white) movie about a kaleidescope.

Looks sharp good job, I too am doing stuff to my things!

Went with copper on the spare water fall I picked up at the scrap yard for practice, I like how it came out so I'm gonna match the center console and door handles now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

Took out the maf sensor and cleaned it. Since she is acting up again.
      Will clean the throttle body this week also. She runs so bad when it is hot that I have an appointment at the workshop in June. So it's bicycle time for me

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870 mit Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD Manual - Maintenance Queen

Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      Looks sharp good job, I too am doing stuff to my things!

Went with copper on the spare water fall I picked up at the scrap yard for practice, I like how it came out so I'm gonna match the center console and door handles now.

Ooh... that copper looks nice!

icy cold outdoor airs for that hot air intake. because hotter air is colder air when routed from something something....

2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

I got to do this again.....within 2 yrs.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
      icy cold outdoor airs for that hot air intake. because hotter air is colder air when routed from something something....

Bwap bwap bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

Quote Originally Posted by rhags138 View Post
      I got to do this again.....within 2 yrs.

Why so soon??? You're not using Genuine Volvo part?

No. The Volvo part is 650 here. The Bosch was from FCPEuro and has a lifetime warranty so it cost me nothing but more time. It looks like some wires inside frayed, shorted it, and started a fire. Im hoping it was a one off defect. Replaced the battery too.

That looks awesome in the bronze. Really contrasts the black well. Nice job!

Inspiring! What kind of paint did you use? Did you do 2-3 coats of clear?
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

Got a couple of goodies in the mail: new fuel pressure sensor, 36mm oil filter socket, iPd decals...

replacement door lock grommet for front passenger door...

and replacement 12v AC socket for center console...

Also removed the MAF sensor and housing to clean...

Little things... but more checked off the list.

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 323 324 325 326 327