Apexi air filter part #?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Apexi air filter part #?

hey guys, i was wanting a new air filter and i was looking at Apexi since it has good testing results and it's a dry filter. However the universal ones are very short, anyone running one? If so what part # are you running? when i go to their website and click on teh PDF's to download to get size info it's all in JAP so i can't just go through there looking for one that fits

i was kinda looking for one about this size

F= 3.25"
      FL= 1.43 to 1.5"
      D= 5.125"
      L= 5.25" or 7.0" or 8.875"
      2004 S60R: Rica Stage II Tune, Phuzzy Motorsports 3" Downpipe & FMIC Kit, SVR TRUE 3" exhaust with EVOLVE tip, Snabb intake, R-Kelly Mod, 18x8.5" EVOLVE H5 wheels... Wish we could have images as Sigs!!!!!!

Yay!

Air filter post.
      Stock 2004 S60r
      Totalled: Stock 1991 Toyota Mr2 w/ 309k miles.
      Current: Turbo 1991 Mr2 w/ 220k Miles & 2013 Scion Iq

Quote Originally Posted by chinaonnitrous1 View Post
      This 21-30 landslide is proof that this car is turning into an inexpensive Fast and Furious Turbo AWD vehicle! Such has happend with the E46 M3.

Let it now be established that all this forum will talk about is, Intakes, Filters, Springs, Lowering struts, and Body kits.

All useful, serious topics of modification will probably be buried. Serious modifiers will start building engines, and complete serious modifications like the single mass flywheel conversion.

There will also be hordes of "whats wrong with my car" threads as the amount of sh*t sR and vR's start flooding this forum as people pick up cheap ones around 10k and think they can do burn outs, clutch dumps, and wonder why theiR r is in 2wd.
      whee.
      Stock 2004 S60r

whee.
      Can you tell me when I am going to become famous, win the lottery, meet the love of my life.... etc... LOL!!!
      06 Ti Grey SR w/Sport Pkg, Manual, (IPD)>Stage II, AMS w/custom AEM Dry Flow, 3in DP, Track Sway Bars, HD Endlinks, Boost Gauge, Silicone Vac Lines, Upr Engine Mnt, HD Trans Mount. SNABB Intake & Short Shifter,IPD 3" Oval Exhaust, Phuz HD TCV, Viva HD CBV, Wg 7psi, Port Matched/Polished Intake Manifold, Victory Performance FMIC w/IMEC, Labonte Stg II H2O/Meth Injection. http://www.dragtimes.com/Volvo-S60-Timeslip-19306.html

Quote Originally Posted by kmg_S60R View Post
      Can you tell me when I am going to become famous, win the lottery, meet the love of my life.... etc... LOL!!!
      Umm...

Lotto tommrow.

Love of your life, you already did, and you messed it up.

Thanks for playing.
      Stock 2004 S60r

To be honest the Apexi comes in a single size.

You need to use an adaptor to mate it to your MAF.

So get the adaptor plate that has the closes diameter to the MAF tube and use a silicone adaptor to mate the two.
      Stock 2004 S60r

To be honest the Apexi comes in a single size.

You need to use an adaptor to mate it to your MAF.

So get the adaptor plate that has the closes diameter to the MAF tube and use a silicone adaptor to mate the two.
      ahh i didn't know their are pretty much the same well fuk. then you can delete this thread lol
      Last edited by Empyrials; 05-16-2011 at 03:15 PM.
      2004 S60R: Rica Stage II Tune, Phuzzy Motorsports 3" Downpipe & FMIC Kit, SVR TRUE 3" exhaust with EVOLVE tip, Snabb intake, R-Kelly Mod, 18x8.5" EVOLVE H5 wheels... Wish we could have images as Sigs!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
      ahh i didn't know their are pretty much the same well fuk. then you can delete this thread lol
      why not go AEM instead? very similar product, and one that i'm using in my car.

http://www.aemintakes.com/search/univcone.aspx

infact your diagram above looks like from this site.
      Last edited by DevolvR; 05-16-2011 at 03:18 PM.
      04 S60 R | MT | Matte Frozen Grey | Nordkap ( mods & evolution & pictures )
      19x8.5 VMR V713 | RICA I | phuz DP | Quad Tip Exhaust | Eibach | Sport Kit | Lots of stuff...

ahh i didn't know their are pretty much the same well fuk.
      To be honest, you've been on the board long enough.

You have many more choices in performance mods than a silly air filter. Just use a BMC or something.
      Stock 2004 S60r

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      why not go AEM instead? very similar product, and one that i'm using in my car.

http://www.aemintakes.com/search/univcone.aspx

infact your diagram above looks like from this site.
      i just may, i just remember when i was on the DSM forums Apexi seemed to test better. I grabed the air filter pic from a thread on here so i wasn't sure where it was from. thanks

To be honest, you've been on the board long enough.

You have many more choices in performance mods than a silly air filter. Just use a BMC or something.
      actually i don't have crap for mods left, the prev owned did most all of them lol. which i'll never buy another car modded like this one, granted he did a great job at them, i just like to do them.

So i just bought a CAI and my air filter is pretty much toast so i was looking for a new one and the search didn't come up with ****. It's air filter or Custom Turbo upgrade... i'm getting married soon, so it's an air filter for now
      Last edited by Empyrials; 05-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Get the turbo and get your wedding cake from Safeway.

=D
      Stock 2004 S60r

Get the turbo and get your wedding cake from Safeway.

=D
      trust me, it's crossed my mind...

i just may, i just remember when i was on the DSM forums Apexi seemed to test better.
      Minimal difference really, I'm with Chinaonnitrous.. pretty basic really, BMC would probably be worth a look.
      04 S60 R | MT | Matte Frozen Grey | Nordkap ( mods & evolution & pictures )
      19x8.5 VMR V713 | RICA I | phuz DP | Quad Tip Exhaust | Eibach | Sport Kit | Lots of stuff...

Umm...

Lotto tommrow.

Love of your life, you already did, and you messed it up.

Thanks for playing.
      Just got back from the gas station, won $50.00 off a WA lotto scratch ticket and I laughed my ass off at this! too funny!
      06 Ti Grey SR w/Sport Pkg, Manual, (IPD)>Stage II, AMS w/custom AEM Dry Flow, 3in DP, Track Sway Bars, HD Endlinks, Boost Gauge, Silicone Vac Lines, Upr Engine Mnt, HD Trans Mount. SNABB Intake & Short Shifter,IPD 3" Oval Exhaust, Phuz HD TCV, Viva HD CBV, Wg 7psi, Port Matched/Polished Intake Manifold, Victory Performance FMIC w/IMEC, Labonte Stg II H2O/Meth Injection. http://www.dragtimes.com/Volvo-S60-Timeslip-19306.html

Quote Originally Posted by kmg_S60R View Post
      Just got back from the gas station, won $50.00 off a WA lotto scratch ticket and I laughed my ass off at this! too funny!
      Atleast send me something!

Stock 2004 S60r