SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

PO193 Engine Light - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BryanR 
#1 ·
My check engine light came on today. I plugged a scan tool in and it says "PO193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input" The car loses power for 1 second then its right back. It happens around 2000 RPMs when im moving slower. I was looking around and some people are saying just to change the sensor to fix the promblem. It looks like its more common in FORDs.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

#2 ·
I think changing the sensor is the only option...

Bout $200 for the part, but it was recalled, so you may get it done free if your in a certain VIN range.

VERY COMMON. You may get misfire codes if it gets worse. My car would "jump" itself sometimes - jolts of unsolicited gas. Kind of scary.

#4 ·
Re: (imageomega)

Yeah thats what im thinking from what im reading.

My car does the same "jump" thing. Its quite annoying and scary at times.

Ill give the dealership a call tomorrow to see whats up.

Edit: I just saw you were from Providence RI. Thats about 15 min from were I am. Thats cool.

Modified by BryanR at 6:33 PM 5-27-2009

#5 ·
Re: (BryanR)

Don't go to the dealer for this if you have any mechanical abilities at all. You're asking for a several hundred dollar repair bill (unless it's a warranty thing) for a job that should only take 30 minutes tops. You'll also likely pay double for the price of the part, just as a nice jumping off point (prices have gone up on parts).

If you need any pointers let me know. I've been staring at mine for 2 weeks anticipating swapping it out, and it really is ez pz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.