C70 Restyling
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C70 Restyling

C70 Restyling

Looks like this is gonna be MY2010 or My2011 C70

Original Pictures in http://www.volvo4life.es/foro/...102.0

PD: Pictures taken today in Barcelona during the shooting of a commercial.

Modified by al_bcn at 6:30 AM 6-5-2009

Re: C70 Restyling (al_bcn)

Some more

All the pictures in: Original Pictures in http://www.volvo4life.es/foro/...102.0

Modified by al_bcn at 6:30 AM 6-5-2009

R

Oh SHIIIIIIIIIII****
      1998 Volvo C70 HPT Coupe - Saffron/Soft Silver, 5 speed, Koni shocks/struts, 1.7" IPD Sport Springs, Sirius XM, sconeman short shifter, 6000K HIDs, 15% tint, 15/20mm H&R spacers, Dunlop Z1 Star Spec tires, 18" S80 Balius wheels machined fit
      2012 FIAT 500 Sport - Azzurro/Marrone, stick, light, low, fun.

So I guess it's official where Volvo's styling is going. I find the downward slope of the nose to be a little too extreme for my taste. I like the large upfront grilles on Volvos of old.

I'd have to see it in person to see if the front grows on me or not. That back end is pure sex. Love the new tail lights. Damn I hope they redid the interior. The $25k interior on a $50k car has to be the absolute worst feature of the current C70.

1998 Volvo C70 HPT Coupe - Saffron/Soft Silver, 5 speed, Koni shocks/struts, 1.7" IPD Sport Springs, Sirius XM, sconeman short shifter, 6000K HIDs, 15% tint, 15/20mm H&R spacers, Dunlop Z1 Star Spec tires, 18" S80 Balius wheels machined fit

Re: (C70drvr)

I REALLY like the new front end. Current C70 front end is just too plain.
      Upright grilles are for old people.

Re: (VolvoMax)

Oh GOD!
      The front end is just too curvy!
      I like the current C70 styling very much, they shouldve done a small restyling only, this is just too much. The rims are really nice though

Re: (volvocu)

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »
      Oh GOD!
      The front end is just too curvy!
      I like the current C70 styling very much, they shouldve done a small restyling only, this is just too much. The rims are really nice though

How can it be too curvy??
      Convertibles aren't supposed to look like appliances.

Thanks a lot for sharing the pics! I couldn't wait to see the restyle.

I'm a bit dissapointed though... it looks like an Opel/Vauxall now.

Better than the current version but really not that great compared to BMW styling.

Sweet, I like!

I've heard some rumours that they will start building this late this year.

Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »
      Thanks a lot for sharing the pics!

That's what we are here for......or not?

Hmmm, maybe. Just maybe, I like it...

Still, it all comes down to the interior. :/

By the way, new rims as well.

Re: (al_bcn)

'13 C70 T5 '11 XC60 DrivE '07 C30 '05 S60R MT '00 SAM Carrier '93 850 iTB

Re: (al_bcn)

Quote, originally posted by al_bcn »
      By the way, new rims as well.

Look like the 17" Sirona rims from the 2010

Can't make up my mind about the front, does look like an Opel/Vauxhall though. not keen on the new rear lights. (Don't know if a camera flash has affected them though)

I imagine it might grow on me more when better quality images are released hopefully the interior has been improved to make it different from the S40/V50/C30.

Re: (cm)

I love the new front! Finally it looks a lot more powerfull

I can't wait to see it in real, I'm indeed also curious to see the interior, and also if there are any technical updates?

@Token, why do you post this ugly Vauchal pictures? The only resemblance is the 4 wheels and that it's a convirtible, you could have post a picture of any car!

I really love the new front!

Re: (BenES)

Does not look so elegant anymore. 1st impressions of front end, looks like a combo of Impala/Malibu cheap headlamps(so big and globular). with the grille pushed down makes me think Fiat Grande Punto, the Volvo badge is it from a Volvo Bus or truck its friggin huge., and the upside down handlebar moustache curvey turvey effect makes for a bottom heavy snow scooper. Rear tailights just look bad, maybe its because of the paint colour.
      EDIT: Now I know what it reminds me of, a modern version of a 1998 Buick Riviera http://bit.ly/I8lHk
      Prefer the current elegant C70, this facelift looks like Steve Mattin did not leave soon enough.
      Pity the next S60 will be much the same.

Modified by w1ntson at 8:56 AM 6-6-2009

To go against all of these boxy Volvo loving traditionalists, I think it looks great. Now work on the interior.

Re: (PPower)

Quote, originally posted by PPower »
      To go against all of these boxy Volvo loving traditionalists, I think it looks great. Now work on the interior.

Absolutely.

Especially, the link to the Buick Riviera (above), is totally off the wall/off base...

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2014 Volvo XC60 R-design, Crystal White Pearl, Climate/Platinum/Enhanced BLIS/Connected Touch/RSE/Front Blindview Camera Polestar+software325 HP, 354 lbs/ft

The headlights of the Vectra/Astra are very similar to this Volvo effort IMO. I'm sure it will look fine in person, but if you look at some of the other pics the C70 still suffers from a very short nose. Its just not as well proportioned as the old C70.

Re: (PPower)

Quote, originally posted by PPower »

I love the boxy Volvo's, but that is what I like now too abouth this new front, it has the more agressive nose, just like the original C70 but in a modern look!

The current one is just way to soft, it screams for a Heico frontsplitter

BTW, the new taillights (when on) remind me a bit of one of my favorite cars... The Maserati 3200 GT! (but those of the current are very nice too)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »

BTW, the new taillights (when on) remind me a bit of one of my favorite cars... The Maserati 3200 GT! (but those of the current are very nice too)

I was thinking the same!

No bad but i prefer the current C70... Anyway in Europe probably with this restyling volvo will bring out a new engine. Voices tell about a 1.6 turbocharged with 170-180 hp (probably Ford origin). Good
      06 - S60R MT Titanium/Atacama - 18' Graphite Pegs
      91 - 245 MT Super Polar Bordeaux/Tan - 17' Polaris
      01 - C70 MT Coupé Silver/black - 18' custom Nebula (Brother)
      07 - Xc70 D5 AWD AT green/Moca - 17' Sargas (Dad)

Has anybody been able to confirm whether this is a 2010 or 2011? A headline on this web site says it's a 2011 but since I haven't seen any pictures from the 2010 it's not clear to me which this is....

Re: C70 Restyling (Hyperbola)

The facelifted C70 (2011) will start production week 46 of calendar year 2009. They are building a short run of the 2010 models now.
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers' Ravenna Volvo
      2008 V50 T5 AWD A SR, Titanium Grey/Quartz; 2011 C30 T5 R-Design M SR, Cosmic White/Off-black

Re: (C70drvr)

Looks like Volvo has gone to the "cute mug" look. Reminds me of a Saturn, and a lot of other cars now. New look is more up to date, but less distinctive, less european.

Re: (flat_six)

Quote, originally posted by flat_six »
      Reminds me of a Saturn, and a lot of other cars now.

Exactly what I said...... Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn design. Its really quite sad.

Also I hate the fact that Mattin is getting kudos for the C30. The C30 was done by Horbury, not Mattin.

I just wish Ian Callum would come to Volvo again. Hes the only person that seems to evoke the kind of emotive design everyone wants. Hes done wonders for Aston Martin and Jaguar. His C70 design lasted 10 years and still looks good now.

Peter Horbury is back...

Exactly what I said...... Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn design. Its really quite sad.

Also I hate the fact that Mattin is getting kudos for the C30. The C30 was done by Horbury, not Mattin.

I just wish Ian Callum would come to Volvo again. Hes the only person that seems to evoke the kind of emotive design everyone wants. Hes done wonders for Aston Martin and Jaguar. His C70 design lasted 10 years and still looks good now.

I'm pretty sure Horbury did the C70.

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »

I'm pretty sure Horbury did the C70.

Nope. Horbury couldn't have done anything like the C70. Ian Callum is the God of coupe design.

This will always be the best looking C70 ever.

Nope. Horbury couldn't have done anything like the C70. Ian Callum is the God of coupe design.

IIRC, all the info on the original C70 pointed to it being a Horbury design. In fact, it was used as proof that Horbury was changing the face of Volvo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast