SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

MAP Sensor / Boost pressure sensor location

24K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  FEO 
#1 ·
OK, I figured that this will be the culprit of my misfires under boost. I figured it would be the MAP sensor or as some of You call it Boost Pressure sensor, which should be located on the pipe coming from the intercooler to the throttle body (ETM) according to VADIS:

As you can see there should be two sensors on the pipe, but there are NONE on mine.

Here's the pic of my pipe for reference (sorry for a bad shot but I put everything back together and didn't feel like taking everything apart)

So now the question. Where's the MAP Sensor located on a 2004 S60R ??

Art

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
Mine is on the drivers side pipe that goes from the Throttle body to the Intercooler.

Should be close to the Lower radiator hose.

So it would be in the approximate location marked in the first pic, right?

Art

#5 ·
Re: (SHIFT_S60R)

Quote, originally posted by SHIFT_S60R »
I believe its closer to the "6" in the VADIS diagram. I'll go check on my old pipe real quick.

I appreciate that!

edit: Nvm. I was thinking about where I placed my Aquamist nozzle. The MAP sensor is on the IC outlet. Marked "18" on your diagram.

OK, so let me ask you this. Does IAT and MAP share the same sensor on the P2R ??

Art

#7 ·
Re: (SHIFT_S60R)

Just wanted to post *****, and let you know I edited my post above, in case you were just looking for another post.

I've edited my post also

To not get confused.

Does IAT and MAP share the same sensor on the P2R ??

And what could be the cause of intermittent misfire (no CEL) when car is starting to produce boost and in higher RPM's? I've switched to stock TCV from the IPD HD one and same thing. Replaced and regapped plugs twice now first at 0.029 and now at 0.026.

Art

Modified by elpresspl at 9:08 PM 8-16-2009

#9 ·
correct location ........................

#11 ·
I would say yes on the MAF and IAT sensor being the same since it does both of things with one sensor

Air Volicity is messued by how fast the heated element is cooled off.

Also by telling how fast its cools off your able to tell the temp of the incomeing air

#15 ·

#16 ·
on the P2R the IAT and MAP is the same device. On the pic in the first post, it is "18" and is actually depicted in the right location.

#17 ·
ok retard moment what does MAP stand for ?

I know

IAT = Intake Air Temp
MAF= Mass Air Flow Sensor
MAP = Mass Air ?

brain dead a bit right now

#18 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
ok retard moment what does MAP stand for ?

I know

IAT = Intake Air Temp
MAF= Mass Air Flow Sensor
MAP = Mass Air ?

brain dead a bit right now
Manifold absolute pressure. So, Justin, what's the latest on the PC guy

#19 ·
Re: (IwantaS60R)

What is sensor #4 on the picture?

#20 ·
Re: (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
What is sensor #4 on the picture?

Doesn't exist on the "R". On some volvos the IAT and the MAP are separate. On ours it is one combo sensor, #18.

#21 ·

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »

Doesn't exist on the "R". On some volvos the IAT and the MAP are separate. On ours it is one combo sensor, #18.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#22 ·

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »

Manifold absolute pressure. So, Justin, what's the latest on the PC guy

nothing so far ... tomorrow or wed been busy fixing cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.