I thought it just means that the car needs to go in for an oil change, etc. and tried to reset it according to these instructions below, and kept getting the reset beep, but it wouldn't go away.
When I read the manual, it seems that it's not the same as the "Time for regular maintenance" which is probably what is the one for an oil change.
Great, so there's some sort of problem? The code 161 and a wrench symbol and 021 and a foot on the brake pedal symbol would alternatively appear. Anyone know what they might mean?
1. start the car. the time for regular maintenance light will appear.
2. press the button to shut the car off, the time for regular maintenance light should still be on the screen.
3. breifly press the start/stop button, the dashboard will become brighter and the service light will still be on. [you are now in position I]
4. press the odometer button first then quickly press and hold the start stop button until all the idiot lights appear, when this occurs you can release the start stop button.
5. while still holding the odometer button wait until the orange Information icon flashes, when this occurs release the odometer button and you will here an audible signal that the reset has occured.