SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

DRL free mod

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  VolvokidS60R 
#1 ·
Moderator, in case it was done by someone else feel free to delete this.
In case it was not here it is..............
I always hated those ugly yellow corner light but was too cheap to buy the European headlights ($3000). The corner bulb may be modified to work as turning light only. For that get the light bulb socket and press on the right connector. See the pics:

Should look like this:

Or if you desire you may tap into that wire/connector to power something else.
Now take the bulb and replace it with clear style. Or in order to qualify as a "free mod" remove that cheap yellow paint taht covers the bulb with sanding paper.
Look at the difference:

Put everything back and be careful with those light sockets ( I broke one of them during removal/installation and part of it fell into the light assembly. I enjoyed myself for several hours removing the entire light assembly. )
Now here is the result:

Emergency lights on:

No warning lights or messages should appear as a result. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: DRL free mod (Denis)

Ha, nice going. I like it but I dont like the fact that they corner lights are not on when the headlights are in the ON position. The headlights won't look "full" when fully lit
I did something similar here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=120066

I wish someone could come up with a mod which gets rid of DRL all together!

Also, does anyone know how to prevent one's headlights from automatically turning on when in 0 position?
This morning, my headlights were on (not DRL - headlights!) and the sun was already out. I hate the fact that I cant control it - why the F do we have a headlight switch anyhow?!

#4 ·
Re: DRL free mod (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »
Ha, nice going. I like it but I dont like the fact that they corner lights are not on when the headlights are in the ON position. The headlights won't look "full" when fully lit
I did something similar here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=120066

I wish someone could come up with a mod which gets rid of DRL all together!

Also, does anyone know how to prevent one's headlights from automatically turning on when in 0 position?
This morning, my headlights were on (not DRL - headlights!) and the sun was already out. I hate the fact that I cant control it - why the F do we have a headlight switch anyhow?!

Search for the different flex settings that you can use to control your headlights better.

#5 ·
Re: DRL free mod (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

Search for the different flex settings that you can use to control your headlights better.

I have an 05R and i did a wright up under a nother thread about the flex setting. olny 1 thing 04 cars have vary limited settings.
and theres a nother may be in same thread as the flex setting i typed up about wiring the DRL wire to the Hibeam wire..... it was in the aux light mod thread i think. one thing my spelling back then was like a scary movie!!! LOLOL so forgive me

#7 ·

05-07 can be done at the dealer
04 is a bit more difficult

#9 ·

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »

can you elaborate? I would love to have it done
yea i can theres no opp to turn the DRL complety off
the 04 CEM is the old style W/O as meany as features and reprogambal features its a totly differnt system.
You have to get into tuch with VOLVO for a super secert SW to progame to your liking

But i think you can have them set for DRLs on during day and no lights at night

#11 ·
Re: DRL free mod (Denis)

Quote, originally posted by Denis »
Turning switch into "0" position turns off you DRL right? Or I am missing something here?
Thas how i have MY car set up for night time but i have an 05 i can just go into vida sand reprogam it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.