Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...?

Does anyone have any experience with Nordic Rotors, either positive or negative? Please share.

I am aware that Brembo and Zimm are possibly better options. Just want to know how Nordic performs.

Thanks

Re: Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...? (dmitryzee)

I 'm using Nordics on the rear of my XC and they work fine. No drama, no issues.

Cheers,

Bill

02 V70XC (Ash Gray)-306K kms to-date,
      And a whole tonne of other Euro stuff (Volvo (7), VW (7), SAAB (5), Land Rover (4), Audi (3), BMW (2), Porsche (2), Mini (2), Opel (1), MB (1), MG (1), Sunbeam (1))

Re: Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...? (billr99)

Thanks, Bill.

I have ordered front and rear sets of Nordics rotors and front and rear Akebono brake pads.

I have never done the brakes by myself. Also, do not have the right tools. So, I'll probably watch my mechanic this time...learn...do it mysels in the future.

From what I've heard they seem to get good reviews by and large. Only thing I've seen is that they are a bit harder than stock which does contribute to longevity of the rotor but slightly reduced friction which results in less stopping power. Splitting hairs here though so take it with a grain of salt.

Re: Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...? (Ipd-Lucky)

Thanks, Ipd-Lucky!

I, actually, could not find any positive or negative reviews. So, I have researched the manufacture's profile and decided to give it a try.

Should be fine I'm sure, but keep us posted with your impressions once you get some miles on them!

Re: Nordic Rotors - to buy or not to buy...? (Ipd-Lucky)

I am sure I will. It may take me a couple of weeks before I actually put the rotors and the pads on...but definitely post my feedback later on.

Dmitry

I would like to share my experience with Nordic Rotors. I've had them on my car for just over a year and I can assure you that I did not feel any difference between the Nordics and the original Volvo rotors. Also, since they cost about half the price (when I purchased them) compared to Volvo, Zimmerman and other brand names, I would highly recommend the Nordics.

I only put about 12k miles but both Nordics and the pads (Akebono) look brand new. I hope it helps.

Cheers!

Thanks. Good to know that there is a good alternative out there.
      DC
      V70XC - Cross Country Par Excellence!
      2002 V70XC-R Cross Country - Polarartic/Oak, ESR, 5AT Geartronic, leather package, factory towing kit, tinted windows and screens, tracker, sunglass holder, center console cup holder, nylon cargo barrier, Thule roof racks, R instruments cluster gauges.