SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Welcome to the new Vermont Chapter!

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  98s70t5vt 
#1 ·
Effective immediately, Vermont has a sanctioned charter from VCOA and shall seek to expand membership to those who live in Vermont, or neighboring areas that are closer to Burlington, than wherever their native-state club might be.

As most of you know, ownership is not required, merely a fawning adoration of Volvo's, both new and classics.
We just formed, getting our charter in late December 2009 and have yet to frame any agenda.

We plan on one meet per year for certain, and at that first meeting, we will contemplate an agenda, consider how to enjoy the company of others who share a fondness for the Volvo automobile and eyeball each other for the very first time.

Drop me a line if you have comments, suggestions or need info.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Welcome to the new Vermont Chapter! (Ken Secor)

Hi Ken,

Congratulations again!!

Burlington is a bit far for a daytrip for me LOL (I'm just north of NYC), but... one thought for an early gathering, weather permitting, would be during maple syrup time in early spring. We've gone up to VT or upstate NY several years, now, to visit sugarhouses (sometimes more than one, and over several weekends, too), smell and taste the yummies from the evaporators, lay in the year's supply of syrup, etc. Weather is the only potential problem - last year I drove north in NY in a snowstorm for one of our visits - might not be everyone's idea of a pleasure trip, though getting my car covered with road salt in winter is part of the fun - sort of a badge of honor saying, "my car doesn't sit at home in the winter."

#4 ·
Re: Welcome to the new Vermont Chapter! (Ken Secor)

VT-VCOA has a new email addy. For those who may want to use it: <VT.VCOA@gmail.com>

We still just have our core twelve members and see far too many Volvo's on the road to remain at that number. We have plans to develop a web presence. Stay tuned

#9 ·
Re: (ajperron)

We just received our charter from VCOA in January!

Our first meeting is coming in May or June, members are deciding as I write.

Drop me a line and I'll provide details. Swanton? We're neighbors. I'm in Enosburg.

There are tons of Volvos in VT. One of the goals of our first meeting, probably to be in Burlington, Colchester or Essex, is to develop a hand out to tell all the Volvo owners we exist.

#11 ·
The surprisingly large number of Volvos on the road in Vermont coupled with the fact that our chapter has no dues makes me wonder why owner aren't breaking down the door to get in.

Our first meet of the year is still in the planning stage but how to get the word out that we exist will be a topic of that meeting. Obviously, this forum is not the solution.

To ask a question or post a direct e-mail, please contact us at: VT.VCOA@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.