ViVA Performance Group Buy for new RICA iSoftloader System - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
      hey, i looked up a # to call you about ordering but cant find one.
      can you tell me exactly what changes you can make on a tune for a 2006 s-60 2.5t?
      please call me if you will at 706-284-7390 so i can ask you a few quick questions, thanks Robby

Modified by robbys60 at 7:27 PM 3-2-2010

George, in your eyes, what minimum mods constitute a stage 2 tune?
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE

George, am I correct that this group buy is not available for a 2007 S80 V8?

George, is there re maps available for auto to manual swaps available from Rica? Are these shipped to you then us or us directly? Being around Boston I figure I'd just pick mine up if it gets to you first.

Re: (firepuma)

Quote, originally posted by firepuma »
      George, is there re maps available for auto to manual swaps available from Rica? Are these shipped to you then us or us directly? Being around Boston I figure I'd just pick mine up if it gets to you first.

Details in the first post, but here you go...

Eligible Vehicles:
      Volvo cars from 1999 - 2010, excluding the following models:

- 1999 - 2004 S40/V40 models
      - 2007+ S80, 2008+ V70, 2010+ XC60

Dec '13: 2014 Infiniti Q50S; May '12 - Dec '13: 2002 Audi S6 Avant; May '11 - May '12: 2007 Audi S6 (miss the V10); Oct '10 - May '11: 2000 V70 XC - Moondust/Beige; May '10 - Oct '10: 2007 V70R GT - Magic Blue/Atacama (1 of 5) - gone and daily missed; Dec '08 - Apr '10: 2004 S60R GT - Black Sapphire/Gobi; Nov '00 - May '02: 1998 S70 T5 - Tropic Green/Tan

hmm.....that does what for me exactly? I have an 00'R I am looking to tune- falls within the allowable cars. I have a manual swap on the horizon as well so I was wondering does RICA have a manual tune available for a car that only came available with an auto.

Good question. Down the road (a long ways) I could see me doing a manual swap on my car...

SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar

Quote, originally posted by itvolvo »

Correct, at this time, the iSoftloader is not compatible with the 2007 S80 V8.

George, is there re maps available for auto to manual
      swaps available from Rica? Are these shipped to you then us or us directly? Being around Boston I figure I'd just pick mine up if it gets to you first.

The auto to manual swap feature is VIN and vehicle dependent. Send me an email with your VIN and I can verify with RICA: george@vivaperformance.com

We will be receiving the stock of iSoftloaders here and shipping them out to our customers. If you'd like to pick it up, that's not a problem!

hmm.....that does what for me exactly? I have an 00'R I am looking to tune- falls within the allowable cars. I have a manual swap on the horizon as well so I was wondering does RICA have a manual tune available for a car that only came available with an auto.

odd...was replying to itvolvo above your post. must have replied to the wrong one, quoted the wrong one and then posted. it's been a long day, what can I say...

Dec '13: 2014 Infiniti Q50S; May '12 - Dec '13: 2002 Audi S6 Avant; May '11 - May '12: 2007 Audi S6 (miss the V10); Oct '10 - May '11: 2000 V70 XC - Moondust/Beige; May '10 - Oct '10: 2007 V70R GT - Magic Blue/Atacama (1 of 5) - gone and daily missed; Dec '08 - Apr '10: 2004 S60R GT - Black Sapphire/Gobi; Nov '00 - May '02: 1998 S70 T5 - Tropic Green/Tan

good stuff guys. George- I'll be in touch.

hey George, i looked up a # to call you about ordering but cant find one.
      can you tell me exactly what changes you can make on a tune for a 2006 s-60 2.5t?
      please call me if you will at 706-284-7390 so i can ask you a few quick questions, thanks Robby

Re: (robbys60)

Quote, originally posted by robbys60 »
      hey George, i looked up a # to call you about ordering but cant find one.

No problem, I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss. Thanks!

Re: (itvolvo)

Quote, originally posted by itvolvo »

What is the difference between the 2007 S80 V8 and a 2009 XC90 V8? Shouldn't they be about the same?
      2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium-Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

Re: (dave_n_ruth)

Quote, originally posted by dave_n_ruth »

What is the difference between the 2007 S80 V8 and a 2009 XC90 V8? Shouldn't they be about the same?

The engines are the same, but the engine management system is not...

George, what do you need to do to warrant a Stage 2 tune?
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE

Re: (Ocean Racer)

if i had to guess a dp exhaust air filter type combo
      04 S60R Silver/Atacama GT Sport, Climate
      IPD CAI, DP, Customized Heico Exhaust
      http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/DSC_0067.jpg

Re: (frenchs60r)

George, are you able to add Advanced Throttle mapping to Sport Mode?

Modified by Capital R at 10:48 PM 3-2-2010

Re: (Ocean Racer)

Quote, originally posted by Ocean Racer »
      George, what do you need to do to warrant a Stage 2 tune?

Stage 2 requirements:
      3" Performance Downpipe, cat-back Performance Exhaust system and air filter element upgrade

Quote, originally posted by Capital R »

Not a problem! This feature is available upon request.

Hey George, how many have ordered as of now? I would still like to talk to you before I order mine. Please call me, thanks, Robby.

hi George!
      05 V70R 6SPD black sapp/ Nordkap "The Black Wagon of Death". TME springs, Track spec sways, VST rear chassis brace, QBM endlinks, QBM strut tower bar conversion, IPD lower trans mount, SS brake lines, TWM short shift kit, Cobalt boost guage, HID fog light conversion, 18" Volution X's,
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      You look like ghetto crap!

Re: (Capital R)

Quote, originally posted by Capital R »
      Modified by Capital R at 10:48 PM 3-2-2010

Is it possible to map it to the sport button instead of 4c sport mode?

2006 S60R GT Sonic/Gobi, TME Springs, IPD CAI, IPD Neutral Sway Bar (rear), 5mm Spacers, Silver Powder Coated 18" Pegs
      2000 Audi A8

Re: Gauging Interest in ViVA Performance/RICA tune group buy (Bdubs)

Bdubs, could you update the first post in this thread with how many have signed up so far? It would make it easier for people to keep track and help in making a choice.

Thanks

I would like to order but can't find a # to viva performance. Does anyone have it?

Quote, originally posted by robbys60 »
      I would like to order but can't find a # to viva performance. Does anyone have it?

Just order it online. If you have questions I would email George at the VIVA email on the site. He doesn't have a normal business number for VIVA but I'm sure you guys could catch up on a phone call.

He is usually good about getting back to you in a good fashion with emails.

2007 S60 2.5T AWD GT Black Sapphire (Sport, Premium, and Cold weather Packages)
      Eurosport Tuning | Brembo | Hawk HPS | Takspeed | KW | IPD | QBM | Dunlop | Team Dynamics Motorsports | UltraRacing | Prosport | Carbonfiberwerks | Unorthodox Racing | PIAA | ProClip | German Castrol | Mobil 1 | Rain-X

hey george im not getting a straight answer with some questions. is there a speed limiter removal? and will this work on a 2.5t with a 16t, white injectors, r manifold, turbo back?

Re: (ross84volvo)

Per George:
      "Requested tune features (Stage 1/2/3, removal of torque limiter in 1st/2nd gears, 4C throttle mapping enhancement, speed limiter removal, etc.)"

*shrugs shoulders* sure sounds like they do it man...I've always heard you get custom tunes like all the others and limiter removals as well.

Eurosport Tuning | Brembo | Hawk HPS | Takspeed | KW | IPD | QBM | Dunlop | Team Dynamics Motorsports | UltraRacing | Prosport | Carbonfiberwerks | Unorthodox Racing | PIAA | ProClip | German Castrol | Mobil 1 | Rain-X

Re: (stealthS60AWD)

well im curious if the removal comes with it like bsr or if thats a added file

The initial setup can be configured however you want it. Any changes after that you need to purchase the update.
      2006 S60R GT Sonic/Gobi, TME Springs, IPD CAI, IPD Neutral Sway Bar (rear), 5mm Spacers, Silver Powder Coated 18" Pegs
      2000 Audi A8

Re: Gauging Interest in ViVA Performance/RICA tune group buy (Bdubs)

How many are we up to now?

Good question, I would also like to know. I will see if e -mail works better. I dont mind ordering online but I have a few questions before I spend 900$. Thanks.

A little birdy told me tht this softloader isn't able to work on multiple cars and ur no longer able to tune the car urself....I dunno if u guys had a discussion about this yet but I'm not able to sift threw 6 pages of posts at work...so yea
      Wanna get jealous? hehe take a look
      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1386635158

Re: (05_s60r)

Quote, originally posted by 05_s60r »
      A little birdy told me tht this softloader isn't able to work on multiple cars and ur no longer able to tune the car urself....I dunno if u guys had a discussion about this yet but I'm not able to sift threw 6 pages of posts at work...so yea

The one of the big things for the new RICA iSoftloader is the ability to hold multiple maps and to tune multiple cars.
      Right from the RICA website:
      "Although the i-Softloader device has the capacity to store up to four tunes internally, you can have an unlimited number of tunes made available which can be downloaded to the iSoftloader at any time.

If you own more than one Volvo, your RICA i-Softloader can be used to program more than one car. You don't need a seperate i-Softloader for each car - simply purchase the RICA tune software for each of your other cars and download them to the i-Softloader as required. The i-Softloader has built in error checks to ensure you can only program a car with the correct software."

And you are right, you cant personally tune things yourself with the PPC it seems. If you really want something like that then Elevate or IPD tune via softloader would be more for you then

Re: (05_s60r)

Quote, originally posted by 05_s60r »

I'm intrigued by your post and would like to hear a bit more! How are you defining tuning the car yourself?

*None* of the softloader solutions on the market allow you to modify the ECU coding/maps "to tune the car yourself". This includes IPD, Elevate, BSR, SCT, etc.

All of the softloader solutions on the market allow you to upload software to your ECU via the OBD2 port "to tune the car yourself". As the end user, you still don't have the ability to modify the software, which is prepared for you by the tuning firm.

While the older PPC technology (RICA, BSR, Heico, etc.) do not store maps for multiple vehicles, the new RICA iSoftloader allows you to do just that! Who's your little birdy?

Re: Gauging Interest in ViVA Performance/RICA tune group buy (x-omatic)

I'll try and pull an updated list together...probably won't be til early next week. Busy weekend and start to the week.

Re: (George @ ViVA)

Quote, originally posted by George @ ViVA »

I'm intrigued by your post and would like to hear a bit more! How are you defining tuning the car yourself?

*None* of the softloader solutions on the market allow you to modify the ECU coding/maps "to tune the car yourself". This includes IPD, Elevate, BSR, SCT, etc.

All of the softloader solutions on the market allow you to upload software to your ECU via the OBD2 port "to tune the car yourself". As the end user, you still don't have the ability to modify the software, which is prepared for you by the tuning firm.

While the older PPC technology (RICA, BSR, Heico, etc.) do not store maps for multiple vehicles, the new RICA iSoftloader allows you to do just that! Who's your little birdy?

Tuning the car myself would be defined by myself as goin in nd playin with the fuel maps and boost setting and stuff like that, loading a tune into a car isn't. tuning the car urself...

I was told tht info from a person who emailed you. And that was told to him in the email...

I still will probaly buy this tune but I was only lookin into it was cause tht it said able to tune multiple cars and allow the car to be tuned by the user.

Nothing negative, just a lil misleading info, if I would say

Wanna get jealous? hehe take a look
      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1386635158

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast