SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

My New FMIC By LHT Performance

11K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  StealthyS60R 
#1 ·
I gotta say now that warmer temps are returning to florida its nice to now be able to be able run my A/C without sending my IATs into the triple digits.

Most importantly though, its also nice to be able to race up to high speeds before the intake temps can get over 100 degrees as well.

My car is filthy and in need of a bath but here are some pics of the new hardware.

And I had them add a bung for my pending water/methanol injection system while they were in there as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: (juve021)

I forget the make, but its a 22 x 7 x 3 bar and plate design.

The complete job including resonator delete + tax was about $950 out the door.

I just found that the shop has some of their own pics up with the front end up at the following link . . .

http://www.tamparacing.com/for....html

#5 ·
Re: My New FMIC By LHT Performance (EAX)

Quote, originally posted by EAX »
One question: Is the bottom of the IC attached to anything ?
I believe its connected to the bumper support, but nothing is attached to the lover half of the intercooler but the pipes. I'm concidering using those extra support bungs on the bottom to secure my lower lip when I have a chance though.

I've got a pretty busy day with friends planned, but when I have a chance tomorrow I'm gonna hook up the data logger back up for some intercooler efficiency comparisons.

#7 ·
Re: (Cjones16)

Quote, originally posted by Cjones16 »
You could use the bottom threads on the Intercooler to make a bracket to fix your saggy bumper

That's the plan. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Between the new intercooler, sensors and the extra growl in the powerband I must admit its giving me extra thrills each time I have a chance to get on it.

As long as I'm moving faster than 30 MPH its very hard to get the IATs over 100 degrees now.

#8 ·
Re: My New FMIC By LHT Performance (StealthyS60R)

You are going to love the FMIC especially in FL. IMO the IC is a must in the warm weather states, more important than anything else you can do to increase performance.

I assume the port for the water / methanol injuction is located on the cool side of the IC? That is where it is on Bell IC's

#9 ·
Re: My New FMIC By LHT Performance (jstro)

Quote, originally posted by jstro »
I assume the port for the water / methanol injuction is located on the cool side of the IC? That is where it is on Bell IC's
Yup, Its right after the IAT sensor and about a foot before the throttle.

In the pic of the bung you can see its almost right under the airbox snorkle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.