SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Sunny day, so I took some more pics of my 164

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Walrus3 
#1 ·
I think it looks a bit better in the sunlight vs. overcast

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. Nope, no interior shots as of yet. Got a few things I want to clean up before I take some photos. It is indeed my daily driver :)

So . . . you're back from the sandbox?

#5 ·
Beautiful car. I especially like how nicely tucked up the exhaust pipe is. Mine hangs a little out the back. Do you still use the stock exhaust hangers or did you modify it to get the look that you have? Also, the front lines are gorgeous. The fenders line up with the hood superbly.

#6 ·
Thanks, Lesky.

I had an exhaust leak and took it to a local exhaust shop when I lived in San Antonio. The guy replaced the muffler and offered to make a new tailpipe for me from scratch, so I told him to go ahead. He used the stock hangers, but spent some time tucking the muffler and tail pipe under the car nicely, and even put a level on the muffler to make sure it'd look level from the rear!

When I get to NC I plan on fabbing up my own performance exhaust.

#13 ·
I believe that's the prettiest 160 I've ever seen.

#14 ·
Oh the memories. Dad had a 71 non- E 164... slushbox... white with red interior. Amazing road car. I had a 71 142E, so been there with the 1st gen electronic fuel injection. It actually worked pretty well and made great horsepower.

Looking at some of the things you showed underneath, reminds me of so much of the set up work I had to do on the 142... man that was a fun car...

#15 ·
Recently after getting the Mroon 164E going I started driving it instead of the Yellow Peril (145E) and was amazed at the difference in ease of driving the bigger engine makes. Just inspires a LOT more confidence. Maybe I am falling into the "no substitute for cubic inches" syndrome.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.