Emissions leak? Error code P2407
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Emissions leak? Error code P2407

Hey all - today I woke up and was getting ready to head out to school when I noticed I had a Check Engine light on. I went over to O'Reilly to borrow their OBD II and I got this code:

P2407: Evaporative emission system leak detection pump sense circuit intermittent/erratic.

Now back on October of 2009 I took my car in for a check engin light and the volvo dealer got a code: ECM-250A, and they charged me $215 just to reflash the ECU Are these two codes related?

ewizzle

2005 Volvo S40 2.4i

Re: Emissions leak? Error code P2407 (ewizzle)

These cars dont usually have problems with the leakage detection pumps, plus they werent introduced till later model volvos.

I would say possible loose gas cap, more than common with evap leaks.

The ECM-250a was cured with the ECM upgrade but was also part of the PCV problem since the upper hose would crack.

TheRetrofitSource | 2020 Motorsports | RTernie | H&R Springs | Import Meet | Girodisc

Current: E46M (daily) | S40 T5 (grocery getter)
      Past: NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4