rear bulbs
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: rear bulbs

rear bulbs

i'm sure this topic has been covered. i searched and couldn't find what i needed....

i recently had 2 bulbs go out on the rear of my '06 S60 (w/ non HID lamps). every auto store i go to sells Sylvania numbered bulbs and i can not cross reference the factory GE and Phillips bulbs. is there any cross reference manual, or thread on this forum listing the bulb types for the rear tail bulbs. ie. brakes, driving, blinker, backup, side marker. thx....

Your owners manual details the car's bulb specifications in detail on page 172 (link)

Re: rear lighting, the following bulb types are used:

#8 Brake lights, backup lights, rear foglight = P21W
      #9 Rear parking light = P21/4W
      #10 Rear parking light = R5W
      #10 Rear side marker light = R10W

GE's bulb type diagram references each of the aforementioned bulb types directly:

(link)

thx for your quick reply. i have already discovered the above diagram, but still need the ability to cross reference those numbers to Sylvania bulb numbers, as that seems to be the only replacement bulbs the local auto stores carry. i live no where near a volvo dealership.

thx for your help.

If I recall my car only has three types of bulbs. The little fat bulb that goes in the corner markers and two rear tail lights, a 1156 for the rear brake lamp and reverse lights, and an 1156A for the turn signal lamp. My suggestion to you would be that a bulb is a bulb, so just take out the one that's burned out, and go to the autoparts store and try to find the one that fits the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Paysts View Post
      If I recall my car only has three types of bulbs. The little fat bulb that goes in the corner markers and two rear tail lights, a 1156 for the rear brake lamp and reverse lights, and an 1156A for the turn signal lamp. My suggestion to you would be that a bulb is a bulb, so just take out the one that's burned out, and go to the autoparts store and try to find the one that fits the car.

i have been able to cross reference (via online search) some bulbs:

the outside corner marker lamps and backup lamps are indeed an 1156.

the blinkers i can not officially confirm a cross reference, but appears an 1156A will work.

daytime lamps. these are the two that vertically stack one on top the other. GE 2619 LF, qty 4 total. i can not find cross reference.

Not sure if its the same as my 2001 s60 but the 2 little nubby bulbs are 5007 sylvania part numbers.