C70 "R" Front Bumper
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

C70 "R" Front Bumper

My friend has a 2001 C70 and has seen the R style front bumper on them, and he was wondering where you get it.
      Can anybody help me out?
      2006 Stage two (CAI, Custom Exhaust, OBX Catless DP, IPD Tuned) Electric Silver Nordkap S60R.

Quote Originally Posted by racinrs View Post
      My friend has a 2001 C70 and has seen the R style front bumper on them, and he was wondering where you get it.
      Can anybody help me out?
      You buy a 98-00 V70r bumper from Tasca volvo, Daryl Waltrip( assuming you live in that state) or some other dealer and install it on the c70. They come prepainted from the factory. You will also have to buy the fog lamps assemblies and a few other goodies but from what I've been told its pretty straight forward.

IM Chilledman for details. I believe he's performed that swap a few times.
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

Totally straightforward. You'll also need some pop rivets (8) for the wheel wells to replace the ones you drill/cut out from the fender liner. There are bolts you'll need to remove in the front as well. Whether or not your friend can get an R bumper pre-painted depends on whether his C70's paint color is a match to the colors that were available to the R. In other words, if he has a white C70 he's going to need to get the bumper painted.
      Last edited by Burn-E; 07-02-2010 at 05:52 PM.
      1998 C70 HPT M, Saffron on Charcoal, built engine, EST RIP, IPD Short Ram, IPD Catback, Bilstein Touring struts/HD shocks, IPD springs, R bumper, Jewels, 98 XC grille, 6000k HIDs

1998 S70 T5 A, Emerald Green on Tan

2015 Dodge Journeyl 2001 V70XC-M66 1998 C70 GT
      Unquestionable faith is the Epitome of Ignorance - me

2015 Dodge Journeyl 2001 V70XC-M66 1998 C70 GT
      Unquestionable faith is the Epitome of Ignorance - me

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      We offer the V70R bumper factory prepainted and ship throughout the contiguous US:

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catal...roducts_id=174

Looks great chill

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
      You buy a 98-00 V70r bumper from Tasca volvo, Daryl Waltrip( assuming you live in that state) or some other dealer and install it on the c70. They come prepainted from the factory. You will also have to buy the fog lamps assemblies and a few other goodies but from what I've been told its pretty straight forward.

IM Chilledman for details. I believe he's performed that swap a few times.
      I ordered from them, they were very nice and price, even shipped, was still very affordable.
      1998 V70R
      1998 v70 t5m
      2004 s80 AWD 100k - sold