SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Volvo VIDA discs on ebay, are they worth it?

36K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  GRat9717 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VOLV...Z180528822231QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

I have an 04.5 2.4i and since there is no repair manual for this vehicle I was thinking about purchasing this. My dad is a mechanic but doesn't know anything about my car. Would this be a good purchase for him to learn about my car so he can work on it when things arise?

It says there is no expiration date, but I find that hard to believe. Other discs for sale said you have to set back the date on your PC?

#7 ·
The Haynes manual is good if you are not a mechanic. (Never changed a spark plug) For a mechanic get the VIDA disks. I just have the old version VADIS with no expire data and it has every detail including details of what to do what to do if you get one of the 5000 error codes.

If you can still find VADIS disks they may be better for an 04

#10 ·
HHead, did you get it on Ebay? (Which version are you running and what platform XP/Vista/7 x32 or x64)?

I have Win7 Ultimate x64 not sure if it will work on it?
yes....so long as it's legitmate....

...lol nah it'll work. it's x86 so it'ls backwards compatible.

#11 ·
Umm...without explicitly asking...how different is this from VADIS (up to 05), are there new instructions, diagrams or images that aren't included in VADIS? Also, to my main question: Just a simple yes or no....torrent?

#12 ·
slrising,

Vida will not work on Win7 Ultimate x64. Program reports not built for that operating system. Even tried it in compatibility mode and no go. But it will run in the "new" XP Mode which has to be installed in Win7 and it works just fine. Here is a web site that talks about it and about DICE. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f124/volvo-vida-2010a-103639/
Drop me a PM.

hope this helps

#13 ·
That price for VIDA seems pretty high. I got VADIS a couple years ago for $2 on ebay.

#14 ·
There are some ebay sellers out there trying to retire on the proceeds of selling bootleg VIDA. Some are significantly cheaper than others. Look around. Basically, all the eBay copies are bootleg.

Umm...without explicitly asking...how different is this from VADIS (up to 05), are there new instructions, diagrams or images that aren't included in VADIS?
Now that VIDA is out, there is a fire-sale going on for the older VADIS products and if you have an older model (up to 2005) you can save yourself a fortune as they are just about exactly the same - the VIDA just has the newer models.

Also, to my main question: Just a simple yes or no....torrent?
No idea dude, I don't do Torrent.........

#15 ·
i managed to track down a copy of VADIS and it's amazing. i would say it's almost as good as aircraft manuals but they are easier to understand than volvo manuals/wiring diagrams are... :)
anyway it does take some getting used to and learning to navigate it but once you get the hang of it it's a huge help.

#17 ·
Okay I'm just going to come out and say it. VADIS is available as a torrent. I downloaded it and used it to service my 02 s40 and it has information on my 05 V50 although since 05 is the last year the diagrams are not as detailed.

#19 ·
yes, VADIS is available through torrent. VIDA, however, i could not find except on rapidshare. so it seems my 2006 S40 is not supported by VADIS, and i have to keep hoping that my VIDA 2010B will work after i finish downloading it...

#16 ·
i have a 2006 S40 2.4i and am trying to find/download a copy of VIDA 2010B. i don't know whether the ones on rapidshare will actually work or not (in so far as being able to log-in and create an account, etc.). may i ask where did you get your copy of VADIS? also, how should i know if my 2006 S40 2.4i is covered by VADIS or not? basically, should i get VIDA or VADIS? thanks :)

#31 · (Edited)
Yes vida will, and for future reference you don't need to disconnect the battery, just don't turn the key in the ignition when you have the ccm disconnected. And yes I have a manual and an auto R so I am aware of having to move the shifter to pull the ccm on an auto. Only thing I have ever disconnected my battery for was pulling the starter and that is because electricity is a cruel mistress.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

#29 ·
#32 ·
Can you do software updates? Or is this stealership only? I live here in Charlotte NC and they are really bad here..... They want your left testy and your first unborn child for anything. I payed almost 200 for power steering fluid and some coolant..... <== wife went and picked it up! My '05 seems to be kinda laggy or something. May be time to do some upgrades and change some stuff out. Sorry for all the questions and appreciate the help guys! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.