Timing Belt on XC90
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Timing Belt on XC90

Hello all,
      a quick search did not show anything related to my question. We have an '06 XC90 2.5 with a little over 80k miles and we do have the VIP warranty. I was wondering if a new timing belt falls under our warranty or is that not covered?
      Now if not covered what is the best way to go about when our regular service interval is due?
      Thanks for your help!

I would suspect it is considered a wear item... Best way is to change it your self if so inclined, or take it to your favorite shop. Cant
      think of many other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by SayangM View Post
      Hello all,
      a quick search did not show anything related to my question. We have an '06 XC90 2.5 with a little over 80k miles and we do have the VIP warranty. I was wondering if a new timing belt falls under our warranty or is that not covered?
      Now if not covered what is the best way to go about when our regular service interval is due?
      Thanks for your help!
      If the belt fails before its prescribed change interval, then your damages will be covered. However, if it fails after and you have not changed it, then you wold be on your own, as far as repairs are concerned.

VIP warranty will not cover the replacement cost of the timing belt, if that's what you were asking (although I suspect you were not).
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 V60 T6 AWD R-design, Crystal White Pearl w/ Climate package/Booster Seats/Platinum trim level/BLIS/Front Blind View Camera/19" IXION wheels

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      If the belt fails before its prescribed change interval, then your damages will be covered. However, if it fails after and you have not changed it, then you wold be on your own, as far as repairs are concerned.

VIP warranty will not cover the replacement cost of the timing belt, if that's what you were asking (although I suspect you were not).
      Thanks for the reply!